Eu1 rewards

Valkyyr

Question

Not zeus rewards, but the ones via the laptop

How about trying to promote more use of the laptop rewards? Making it a bit easier to obtain artillery strikes or maybe when people log onto the server theres a little information box with a bit of detail about it? Perhaps something that might get a few more returning players??

14 answers to this question

Maybe notify them when they unlocked one. Maybe give them the use option in the field and not on some laptop in base people only look at when searching for Base AA or teleports. I don't know man, the improvement options here are few and hard to implement. Oh wait...

1 minute ago, ansin11 said:

Maybe notify them when they unlocked one. Maybe give them the use option in the field and not on some laptop in base people only look at when searching for Base AA or teleports. I don't know man, the improvement options here are few and hard to implement. Oh wait...

So you are volunteering to do it?

23 hours ago, Valkyyr said:

How about trying to promote more use of the laptop rewards?

Yes, I do get where you getting at, using a point system to get rewards such as what we do with artillery strikes, which makes an incentive for people to work for rewards.

The fundamental issue is;

If you introduce a points system to earn rewards (this is done through kills) this is merely just promoting people to get a lot of kills and high scores. This then means all sorts of teamwork is thrown out the window as people are just rushing to get all the kills they can, as they wan't to get as many kills as possible - to get the better rewards. Moreover this can lead to more issues such as people team killing people over these rewards and so on, personally it just brings so many more issues than problems, and it doesn't belong anywhere near a public server.

Making it a bit easier to obtain artillery strikes

Again, something i'm hesitant about. The rules state that artillery should be requested, and not fired without consent. if you make it easier for people to use these artillery strikes you're just opening up a world of team kills and firing without consent. Fun.

or maybe when people log onto the server theres a little information box

I've seen this done so many times. To cut to the point it's obtrusive. Nobody wants to log onto a box telling them they have to do x and y and to "go here for this action" its a nuisance and people want to log on to play, and not have to read an essay before they can get into action.

The current system is based on overall score; I can give you one distinguishing between infantry, soft vehicle, armored vehicle and aircraft kills plus overall score. What support do you want to unlock when?