Ahoy Enhanched - could we be better?

I am often amazed of how much time can be wasted in the arsenal. I have full respect for if there is a new player it takes some time to set up, but very often I see players  just playing around and wasting time. Driving ATVs, doing all the different poses, or climbing different objects. I have seen many players disconnect after waiting 15-25 minutes by the arsenal. I once waited over 40 minutes, but then couldn't take it anymore and logged of. And also observed that this kind of attitude goes over to "new" players who look up to experienced players. 

I think that there should be more serious game attitude, and we should set an example of that. I remember playing on EU1, Teamleader gave 5 minutes to set up, then everyone should line up in a crouch position by their respective squad. Info was given about mission, and if anyone had questions, now was the time. Then of too a helicopter, and mission start.  

Is it an idea to have some A1, A2, MAT.. Signs to keep things in order?

I also think that the above attitude has some impact on the reservation of taking on the role of ASL, or Teamleader. 

I know that if we are a tight, well lead team, have a good plan, then the different missions are so much more fun to play. Dirty Snape, Nicholai, Kman, Benjamin are good examples to mention some. 

If we start out with some structure then I am sure that the rest will come natural.

I love playing with the Ahoy team, but feel that the Enhanced server could be so much more, just with small adjustments. Hope this doesn't offend anyone, but rather motivates them to be a bit more serious. 

Jorgensen73

Can we get better? Ofc we can. And we appreciate your opinion. No hard feelings at all. I'm glad ur posting this kind of feedback. This has been a talking point multiple times, and for the record, it's better now than it was 8 months ago. If anyone have any suggestions on how to cut down idle time and increase play time, reply. Vlk

All it usually takes is someone giving a loud 'Lets get going' to give everyone the kick up the arse they need. Most of the time people are procrastinating because they think they are waiting for a plan or transpot etc, when everyone does this is when the problem starts. Of course it helps if teamleads and squad leads hurry everyone along as well.

Yes, there is a lot of idle time as said, so if there's nothing to do, players will very rapidly find something to do. However, you will quickly notice that with a clear call to rally, most everyone will be eager to step off.

If there's no willing leader to take charge, you're more than welcome to provide the boot for the arse kicking. That goes to everyone. Just because you're not at the top of the hierarchy, that doesn't mean you're not allowed to look after some structure.

This is a subject that has annoyed and on occasion downright pissed me off many time since the inception of EU#3.

Very few players are impervious to "banter". Personally, I downright despise it on-server, and don't believe it belongs there.

That said, I've long since given up hope for my personal utopia.

Yes, I've got a bleak outlook on the subject.

3 hours ago, Blue-958- said:

All it usually takes is someone giving a loud 'Lets get going' to give everyone the kick up the arse they need. Most of the time people are procrastinating because they think they are waiting for a plan or transpot etc, when everyone does this is when the problem starts. Of course it helps if teamleads and squad leads hurry everyone along as well.

I agree.

When the troops are slacking around its 8/10 because command is slacking around. But remember, they too sometimes need to go AFK..

Rest 2/10 are disconnects in command structure / vortex or re-slotting due to multiple players leaving/joining, that can't be rly prevented.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest never happens when the command isn't slacking.
I just walk up to the box and scream loudly state that we're going in 3 minutes counted from now and everybody not in the heli stays home. 
Obviously then there are cases of planning & technical difficulties but that doesn't happen that often.