PVP Missions Ideas

Dreams

Question

What happened to the TvT missions.I really want to know because those where well made and they were also fun. I know it may have to with ACRE but what about a TvT mission without radios. That could work because I have been watching some stuff about like WW1 and how they had messengers and how they had to run to deliver messages,and how they had to run for miles but just imagine having one guy run to deliver a message. So just imagine seeing an unarmed man running across a field to deliver a message. This would also encourage people not to lone wolf and not trying to kill the whole enemy team themselves. I see just one issue with it though that if the messenger gets killed then it will be hard to communicate with your squad but they had to deal with that during World War 1. So if we as a community could try to come up with an idea for a TvT night that would be nice. I have one idea and that is we could have a zeus or grant someone who would like to build two bases and an area that could work. I would be willing to zeus because I have some TvT ideas that I can't due because I don't have the power to get a gamenight or something of that means set up.Like maybe like every 2 to 3 months we could do a TvT round it could also if someone records it they could get permission from Muckduck to put it on the Youtube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/user/ahoyworld The community might get more people and more members.

PVP-h.png

8 answers to this question

ACRE has a function called babel built in and this allows radios to be used for different factions. 

I think it is more to do with the fact that they dont really cater to the gameplay we want and are more geared towards game night situations where numbers can be confirmed. 

We had lots of fun with impromptu End Game sessions while Gauntlet was out of order from the 1.56 update. We started out with 3 or 4 just on BLUFOR against the AI, then it snowballed into some amazing 20v20 at some point. I'd be game for that again any time.

As for those ideas, I can see how a lowtech scenario could work out. If we need a story for an excuse, there might be a magical emitter interfering with radios, or it can be made asymmetrical with one side having access to radios, while the other side takes the role of rogues / guerillas scavenging what they find, but relying on messengers in fear of having their radio transmissions intercepted. Leave the radio side outnumbered but coordinated, and give the rogue side a numerical advantage. This could be taken a step further into a survival-type game, with these rogues having access to respawn, so the defenders need to survive wave after wave until all of them are KIA. Or give it a timer, after which extract becomes available and the defenders have to make a run for the heli. Then switch sides. Using a point-for-kill system, a winner can be determined after a couple of rounds.

We had lots of fun with impromptu End Game sessions while Gauntlet was out of order from the 1.56 update. We started out with 3 or 4 just on BLUFOR against the AI, then it snowballed into some amazing 20v20 at some point. I'd be game for that again any time.

The time we ran the zues vs IND+OPFOR was pretty fun, until I put in a comanche... God the rocket runs from that. Some TvT would be nice every now and then, a recreation of the battle of Grozny Grad would be cool and PTSD inducing, provided it's as savage as the actual battle.

Some variety in the types of missions made would be nice too, instead of Go to point A, kill all bad guys and blow up/assemble macguffins, job complete cos that gets old after a while. 

Hi guys,

I have also been working on a TVT mission for some time, but it's just been sitting on my hard drive for ages. I'd say its about 95% complete right now. I gave it a quick once over for the new I&A version, it seems like everything works ok mechanics wise. There are a couple issues I still have to get around to, but it should be fine for play testing.

Basically it has all the things you have come to love and expect from I&A vs AI but with some new TVT specific elements and a few extra features I wanted to see involved.
I made it for the casual public PVP crowd and not for mil sim serious types. I suppose you could tweak it with the parameters if you wanted to.

3 Factions (NATO, CSAT, AAF), 20 players a side, conquest style capture in the main AO. One team is picked to defend while the other two attack. Defenders default win in the Main AO after 60min. AI just there to slow attackers down. Same story for the side missions except they expire quicker and yield lower level rewards.

A long time ago I suggested this mission and Quiky/Raz were helping me with it but we never took it further. Maybe now it will live again. Since it is based almost exactly on the normal I&A I think people should be able to make the transition relatively easily and we could expect more or less similar results.

If this meets with approval I would love to see it played. I'd be available to support to some extent it, but I honestly think the guys at AW would do a better job than me with all the details of the scripting/hosting. I'm not a programmer and I just made the mission as a kind of side project to learn more about scripting by editing.

I don't claim ownership of anything, this mission belongs to AW, but I would appreciate it if AW involved me if they wanted to see it used (serious hours sunk). You can download the test mission below and I have included a little notes file in the pbo for details on my plans for the future and what remains to be done etc.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04182115254131941681 // not production version, requires no mods and supports VTS WeaponResting. Test it in multiplayer, I haven't sorted out all the singleplayer launch bugs for parameters etc. I'll put a bit more work/polish into it this week in case some body would like to try it out hosted on dedicated.