Virtual Arsenal update issues

If you have found any gear that you think should be added back into the arsenal please post below in the following format:

ITEM(S):

REASON WHY YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE RE-ADDED:

You're more than welcome to reply to someone else's request with a for or against argument. 

ALSO if you create a new loadout in the first .15 version you might not be able to re-load it. We know why this is happening and we are currently working on fixing it, please be patient. 

Vanilla Smoke Grenades: As it stands there's only some coloured grenades in the arsenal, even them most of the coloured ones come up as M18 first, and with the limited space on the upper right for the 'nade name, it can get confusing. DISREGARD THIS ONE, TURNS OUT THEY DON't TAKE UP MUCH ROOM/ AREN'T DISPLAYED AS "MXX coloured grenade"

Vanilla Sights and scopes:

Whilst the RHS sights are "nice", most are incapable of zeroing. Not to mention some are just plain ugly. If the vanilla sights were added back in it would also offer more variety that is no doubt lacking what with the removal of a fair whack of guns. Of course thermal optics should stay out, because the entirety of a platoon having access to complex equipment like that is a bit ridiculous

Vanilla Binoculars:

Should be mostly self explanatory, but the two binoc-esque things that are currently in are high zoom and one is adjustable. A low power alternative would be nice

EDIT: I'd argue that the MX should be allowed for the PLT command element along with vanilla vests for everybody but no doubt I'll be yelled at by those who don't like the near future setting

Following items are not in the arsenal:

- Watch

- Compass

- GPS

- Map

I also want the vanilla RCO back, the modded ones ironsight are aiming to high to what they shouled. Also the lazer des is gone, and battery. wouled like them back.

/ Elcour

ITEM(S):

Tactical vest *All variants*

Vanilla weapon attachments

Some pistols were missing e.g Python *Please add all Nato pistols basically, I don't see why not*

Pilot uniforms would be nice, actually make them a little more distinguishable

Add more Nato vests, preferably the vanilla ones like the chest bandolier and chest carrier.

BWMOD style LR radios seeing as forest camo works better than OCP banana camo *Just sayin™*

Chemlights are missing

A large amount of explosives were missing I believe, might be some that are missing that would be rather useful.

Mine detector and stuff like that are missing I believe.

REASON WHY YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE RE-ADDED:

Tactical vest *All variants*: They suit the pilots well and are quite nice on support elements.

Vanilla weapon attachments: Because why not? People should have the freedom to use what they are comfortable with right? How else will you effectively drop a communist?

Some pistols were missing e.g Python *Please add all Nato pistols basically, I don't see why not*: Once again, why not right?

Pilot uniforms would be nice, actually make them a little more distinguishable: Pilot uniforms work better than combat fatigues imo

Add more Nato vests, preferably the vanilla ones like the chest bandolier and chest carrier: Like the tactical vests, some of these work well on support elements and are not for the whole "doing the nails and looking good reason", more of weight distribution for combat effectiveness *Attempting to sound smart*

BWMOD style LR radios seeing as forest camo works better than OCP banana camo *Just sayin™*: The BWMOD style radios look good with the M81 BDU clothing, might as well make em match.

Chemlights are missing: Chemlights are useful for night marking *#dynamiclight*

A large amount of explosives were missing I believe, might be some that are missing that would be rather useful: Not fully sure if the Nato explosives were all there, if not then why not add them back? Might as well make those explosive specs have a little more freedom on blowing sh*t up!

Mine detector and stuff like that are missing I believe: Once again, i'm fairly sure the mine detector was missing and stuff like it so yeah, more misc stuff plox!

:rolleyes:

Anyway keep up the good work, just remember! As annoying people who take millions of different sh*t from the rest of the people may be, we don't want to restrict it too much, let everyone win right?  :)

Also everyone remember, this is in alpha/beta/f*cking early state so things will improve, smooth out and everyone's as happy as Ainsley with a seasoning pouch.  :P

can we not just have what we had before the update because that was alright, people could have their preferred camo and weapon with attachments [including vanilla]. and they can use non-standard NATO weapons as training and or special forces. (basically bring back the previous arsenal items.) also this would be good because you won't have to remake your loadouts if you made them before the update. Finally, please don't remove TFA + TFAX they look awesome and offer great camo and customization.

I see why you might want to remove them for gamenights but on non-gamenights it is worth keeping the gear options.

:) Adshield

Update on arsenal not allowing you to load load outs: with the new 0.15 update we included an arsenal whitelist. RHS does not like this and is currently bugged. So tomorrow we will decide how we wish to proceed with this. The options will be somewhere along the lines of:

1. Remove the whitelist until RHS updates allowing the whitelist to function. This will also allow more time for your input on what should/shouldn't be white listed.

2. Keep the whitelist and everyone might just have to put up with no load able load outs.

Obviously the results of this will show tomorrow. :) but either way the arsenal will be restricted in the future.

What I will suggest next will affect the mission maker and complicate things or it could be a fairly easy and simple solution.

Have 2 version of the mission being developed. And by that, I mean have the public one developed normally (this is where most of development/testing is done) and one that is only available for mission nights. I know that complicates it for Christianses, Bacon, Josh (sorry if I missed anyone), but whitelisting can stay for the normal one and AGM module is set to respawn players with the gear carried when they were killed (no need for people to save and reload loadouts every time they respawn). The issue with this is the pre-set-gear a player spawns on mission start (onPlayerRespawn.sqf), so that would have to be removed (maybe).

The "mission-night" version can be deployed only when it`s organized as one, most of development is done with the public one. That would ofc mean, 2 versions are needed especially due to onPlayerSpawn.sqf.

Another idea could be linking onPlayerSpawn.sqf to execute only if parameter of the mission is set to "Game Night - YES". I am not sure that is possible (but if it is, I am sure Bacon or Christiansen are able to do it).

If the mission makers think this is to much of a deal and involves to much additional work, just ignore. This was just an idea that came to mind yesterday evening.

i say only use white-list on gamenights because people don't want to look the same 24/7

Also (probably my annoyance of rhs)but i don't like the gear so i use tfa/tfax gear

edit:

what I think is the best idea:

allow ALL tfa/tfax

allow rhs

allow all weapons apart from non modern Kalashnikovs

allow NON-OPFOR clothing+gear

allow all pistols

allow all rocket launchers apart form Russian RPG

allow all misc

(basically allow NATO and INDEPENDENT)

i say only use white-list on gamenights because people don't want to look the same 24/7

Also (probably my annoyance of rhs)but i don't like the gear so i use tfa/tfax gear

edit:

what I think is the best idea:

allow ALL tfa/tfax

allow rhs

allow all weapons apart from non modern Kalashnikovs

allow NON-OPFOR clothing+gear

allow all pistols

allow all rocket launchers apart form Russian RPG

allow all misc

(basically allow NATO and INDEPENDENT)

You've given us absolutely no reason to add any of the gear... Please atleast post some VALID good argument. 

You've given us absolutely no reason to add any of the gear... Please atleast post some VALID good argument. 

can we not just have what we had before the update because that was alright, people could have their preferred camo and weapon with attachments [including vanilla]. and they can use non-standard NATO weapons as training and or special forces. (basically bring back the previous arsenal items.) also this would be good because you won't have to remake your loadouts if you made them before the update. Finally, please don't remove TFA + TFAX they look awesome and offer great camo and customization.

I see why you might want to remove them for gamenights but on non-gamenights it is worth keeping the gear options.

:) Adshield

ITEM(S): RH/RHS hk416/417

REASON WHY YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE RE-ADDED: Cuz m4 is so american, and it would be nice to have other choices for AR.

vlk

I 2nd this. 

ITEM(S): RH/RHS HK416/417

REASON WHY YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE- READDED: 416 is better then any M4 or C8 and the 417 is a favorite choice among designated marksmen. 

ITEM(S): HLC AR-15 (5.56x45) models only. 

REASON WHY YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE- READDED: HLC makes a good weapons pack and I find it strange its not included.

Why restrict it in the first place? I think I missed something, sorry

People running around in stupid shit, like winter camo or the CSAT rig (I STILL FAIL TO SEE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT SEEING AS WE'RE FIGHTING THE FUCKING RUSKIES NOT IRANIANS IN GAUNTLET BUT HEYHO) not to mention the folks who weren't playing their role properly (rifleman with with an MMG and launcher) forced Bacon/Christiansons hand.

Should have just blacklisted shit instead, less butt frustration from the community if the ruskie gear and some other shit was removed I'd imagine.

The first build with restricted arsenal had pretty much only RHS stuff, with a few extra rifles and a fair whack of pistols thrown in. Unfortunately RHS was buggered somehow in terms of the whitelist so saving loadouts didn't really work due to restricted items, ask Josh or Chris about that, I have no clue about the details regarding that part

In percentage of modded items allowed? About 15-20% tops I guess, though the TFA shit takes up a fair whack of that missing part

OK so to get this right.. We have a modded server with quite allot of mods. Cost about 1,5tb download data a month not even starting about the server load it cost running it and we want to reduce the mods down to about 20%? I say back to eu1 and win win for AW carbon footprint.

Maybe just make a rule what says: stick to your slot or make a list what belongs to what role.

Even limiting half of what we have would be unacceptable for me.

Just my opinion do what you want with it;)

"we want to reduce the mods down to about 20%? I say back to eu1 and win win for AW carbon footprint."

20% of the modded items, percentage usage of all the modded content would be around 70-80% in terms of AiAMP, AGM, that kind of shit

At the end of the day it comes down to an equilibrium between what the players want and what the mission makers want. If people complain and whine about mission development to much to the creators, they may very well just abandon the project, whereas if the creators don't take what the community wants in terms of equipment availability and potential future missions to mind, then the players may very well go fuck this noise and play on a different server or join a different group, resulting in a lot of wasted time.