Cover and Fire

DerRoteKoyote

Back after some time on the Eu1 i see a lot of guys that spot a Ai and shoot first sight , they dont care if they got cover or not.

They just lay down on the ground ..open field :D but we got trees in arma so if you got no wall or house or a sandbag try out the bigger trees ^^

The shoot first mentality has got me killed along with the idiots doing it many a time.

I recall headin at dusk to and AO on foot and there were about 20 AI cresting a hill in silhouette about 100m away. They hadn't spotted us, weren't looking at us and we had a lot of trees not to far away.

Suddenly blam blam blam! one guy stop in the open and tried to light them up, and all 20 turn to look at us just below them... and that was that

One issue I have got since changing the monitor. which is probably nothing to do with the monitor change, I have been in a few firefights with a squad popping away all around me but I cannot see any any AI anywhere. Bloody frustrating. Body count going up but nothing on my screen to shoot at. I normally end up being killed by AI I can’t see. I have the game distance settings maxed out as well. Any ideas or solutions welcome. 

19 hours ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

One issue I have got since changing the monitor. which is probably nothing to do with the monitor change, I have been in a few firefights with a squad popping away all around me but I cannot see any any AI anywhere. Bloody frustrating. Body count going up but nothing on my screen to shoot at. I normally end up being killed by AI I can’t see. I have the game distance settings maxed out as well. Any ideas or solutions welcome. 

I have had this happen to me in the past. For the longest time I thought it was just me being blind, but then once I literally almost stepped on an enemy. I had squad mates screaming over the radio that he was right next to me prone on the ground. but I still could not see the enemy.

This happened to me on AWE. I can't quite remember how I solved it, but I think I had to reinstall the whole thing to get it sorted. So group up with someone confirm that you in fact cannot see the enemies 100%. If you end up doing a reinstall then back up your profile first, will make the reinstall that much easier.