Hey all, nooblet inc.

Fletcher

Hello everyone, name Stu Fletcher and I'm new to Ahoy world and the ARMA series.    :derp-min:

I play multiple games from SC2, PUBG, Squad to name a few and now ARMA 3 must admit the controls are a bit more complex than the average game...

Cant wait to try some Invade & Annex missions with everyone in the future, I'm currently messing around with editor trying out weapons and controls. Any advice you would recommend for a complete newbie? I've downloaded the mods for AW and have been watching guides for load outs and 'roles' although i think I'll be staying away from Medic for a while! Wounded might be better off wounded if i was in charge.

Would recommend sticking to plain vanilla I&A for now. Just learn the controls and get a feel of things, learn how it all works etc. Then after a while, once you master that, hop on enhanced, you will be more than welcome! :)

Welcome Fletcher!

as long as you know the basics you should be fine, be sure to come to me if you are in need of assistance, I would be more than happy to walk you through some basics and even some more advanced little tips.

-Xwatt

19 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Any advice you would recommend for a complete newbie?

Most importantly, identify your targets. Shift+T for tactical ping and CHECK MAP to find the red ping ring to confirm friendly or foe.

Welcome. Hope to see more of U here and on both vanilla and Enhanced.

Pro tip, don't steal a hunter near a soldier with a Titan (rocket launcher) *cough* Scar *cough* and don't spam anything. Especially not the button that plays a tone after you press it. Accidents tend to happen than :rolleyes:

Happy hunting ^_^