Landing Crafts (boat)

Theronas

Question

Hello everyone,

just wanted to throw show you somthing like:

Spoiler

A36914A178F1483B6D53514EDD8587BF424EB4D7

Which can be found here:

Any comments on this? It would be fun to transport vehicles across bodies of water instead of having to always drive around (from FOB to AO etc)... might be interesting.

Or for Zeus missions... I could come up with multiple scenarios/ideas where this would be fun and useful.

Pros: Sounds like a fun addon.

Negs: An additional mod for players to be able to play.

Regards,

Theronas.

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Theronas said:

Hello everyone,

Hide contents

A36914A178F1483B6D53514EDD8587BF424EB4D7

Which can be found here:

Any comments on this? It would be fun to transport vehicles across bodies of water instead of having to always drive around (from FOB to AO etc)... might be interesting.

Or for Zeus missions... I could come up with multiple scenarios/ideas where this would be fun and useful.

Regards,

Theronas.

@Theronas I'll be honest the only map that would be useful for is Tanoa, and ye it would be a good idea for a Zeus mission but otherwise it would be to much hassle to organise on a populated server, which the majority would turn around and say well lets get a chopper there.

Hello everyone,

Spoiler A36914A178F1483B6D53514EDD8587BF424EB4D7

Which can be found here:

Spoiler http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882138618&searchtext=

Regards,

Theronas.

I think we had it on AWE back when it was EU3, the LLC, but it was broken in some way.

Sent from my SM-G935F using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

18 hours ago, Amentes said:

Also, putting this on I&A would require all players to use the mod. Which is why it won't happen :P

Yes, i thought as much after i posted it. For the public its maybe not really feasible to add anything that requires more mods than already are in use. Ah well, i just got carried away when i saw it. 

@Miczils I didn't know that. I have added it to my game so that i can play with it a bit to see it in action (locally in editor). Based on some comments i read on the workshop page regarding this mod, it does seem to be a bit unpolished. If i can get it to work though on some of my own custom SP Zeus games, it will be enough for me.

Cheers everyone.

Theronas

Boats in general were very positively received by the community whenever ASL or PlatCo decided to use them as a way to get to the AO. But I have to agree that adding a mod just to get this single landing craft might not be very feasible. But maybe this will get the ball rolling and get squad leads to utilise boats as infil/exfil more.

Boats in general were very positively received by the community whenever ASL or PlatCo decided to use them as a way to get to the AO. But I have to agree that adding a mod just to get this single landing craft might not be very feasible. But maybe this will get the ball rolling and get squad leads to utilise boats as infil/exfil more.

It is just too buggy, the general idea is nice in theory but in practice it creates more problems than solutions.