Hunt IR monitor

In my  opinion, the Hunt IR is a tactical tool which should be available for use by TLs. For example, it would be very useful to make a quick tactical decision on the best way to clear a compound, or to see what's behind that ridge. 

On a slightly different note, I've found that some people with "special privileges", ie. Admins, give themselves access to Hunt IR Monitors and other nice gadgets which the rest of us don't get access to.

I will eventually get to ASL..... just need some more practice and experience as a TL and operating under a few different ASLs to learn the good and the bad.

In the meantime I'll just hold my urge to fire Hunt IRs over every wall!  Thanks to all who replied.

1 hour ago, JaSmAn said:

I'll just hold my urge to fire Hunt IRs over every wall!

That's kind of the point of why I wouldn't want to see it introduced to TLs.

I really don't want to see TLs constantly firing off HuntIRs and keeping their heads locked on their terminals.

As it stands, a TL or SL can let one off and the SL can then do a quick observation while the TLs continue to do their jobs.

Works plenty well that way, IMHO.

2 hours ago, JaSmAn said:

I will eventually get to ASL..... just need some more practice and experience as a TL and operating under a few different ASLs to learn the good and the bad.

In the meantime I'll just hold my urge to fire Hunt IRs over every wall!  Thanks to all who replied.

The key to being SL is learning to delegate properly. Manage your teams without micromanaging them too much, make sure they know where to be and when to be there but leave the exact details of individual positions etc to the team leads. Set the rules without trying too hard to watch over every single person, because if you try to do that you'll miss important things and you'll wind up feeling swamped. PlatCo however is a different story for another day.

As for HuntIR I'm happy with it where it is. It could be far too powerful a tool if it was available to every TL.