Thoughts on mixing US and BAF units in a squad?

Hi guys,

I've been having a great time on AWE, especially now that I've gotten to know some of the usual suspects. I know I've already said this, but it's a great community. Better than any other I've experienced online.

So I took some time making myself some "as close to real" loadouts as possible, and I'm particularly loving the UK kit.  However, I find that I'm usually one of the only guys with the UK equipment when playing - no big deal, until you run out of ammo and someone hands you an M4 5.56 mag!

However, it got me thinking. Do people have a preference for keeping the squads to a single country loadout or are they not bothered? 

I think it would be pretty cool to play a joint task force mission, with A1 being only one country loadout and A2 being the other (as an example). 

Would like to know what people think.

As a general rule mixing and matching is completely fine. However in some situations your team lead might decide to tell you to swap out in that case its always good to take this advice. Usually I don't find an issue with running out of ammo because I just out my gun in semi and fire singe shots but more accurately, or as lmg 3 round bursts.

If everyone on server agreed to the idea then I see no issue in running one team as one and one as the other other than the fact that there will be people joining and this could be an issue.

38 minutes ago, JaSmAn said:

So I took some time making myself some "as close to real" loadouts as possible

I made my loadouts as light as possible but still as heavy as needed while staying with the SOCOM stuff that I relly like. :)

38 minutes ago, JaSmAn said:

However, it got me thinking. Do people have a preference for keeping the squads to a single country loadout or are they not bothered? 

I think it would be pretty cool to play a joint task force mission, with A1 being only one country loadout and A2 being the other (as an example).

As it seems people are not that much bothering and just taking the loadouts they want to play. I for example always run with my presaved SOCOM loadouts wich I have for desert, MTP and woodland.:) Also I personally don´t like the british loadouts because they seem a kind of unbalanced to me because of the very high capacity but stilll low weight backpacks/vests for example (Of course balancing is not a realy issue in PVE but I personally feel myself than as if I would kind of "cheating/glitching":unsure:) and in addition I also dont like the british helmets because of their look. Same goes for the marine (desert) helmets for example.:( Because of this reasons I would rather leave the server than playing in one of these squads (Of course this is kind of harsh but thats just my opinion because I want to feel confident with the loadout I have and if this isn´t the case I rather go playing some R6S or something like that :lol::)). Also because of this for example I always leave when russion forces are running as BLUFOR because I just don´t like the AKs etc.:unsure: Because I am probably not the only one who doesn´t likes restrictions like that it could cuase that lesser people would play what obiousliy is a problem then.:(

On 3/28/2017 at 3:06 PM, GhostDragon said:

Noah I'm not sure where you are getting your information from but the British gear actually weighs more than the RHS stuff does

From the virtual arsenal.

This is the heaviest BAF vest:

And this the lightest UCP vest:

And this a comparable UCP vest:

Edited by Noah_Hero
Removed attachments to free up space

14 minutes ago, GhostDragon said:

Use the inventory as more of a judge

But why? The weight is displayed there and it clearly shows that the heaviest BAF vest has a lot lesser weight than a UCP vest with equal capactiy.

*Edit*:

@GhostDragon: And for the part with the more realistic weight: The displayed BAF vest has a weight of 4,54kg while the UCP has one of 6,35. Even the "underwear" vest from the police are about 5kg when they have the lowest protection level (so just holding up 9mm pistol rounds). So I don´t think that the BAF vest are that much correct about the weight with the displayed protection level.