Now if I am not mistaken, ACRE was implemented after Christmas of 2015. There was many issues to begin with and we were told to wait and report bugs and the issues will be ironed out soon. Yes the issues were ironed out but then after ~1-2 weeks of bug free use the next bugs came about etc, etc. The short story is from my perspective, and others who I have spoken to all agree that we seem to be jumping from issue to issue and ACRE has been real unreliable however yes when it works its really nice. However the majority of the time it doesn't run smoothly.

Secondly if I'm not mistaken there was a poll a while back of which the result favoured TFAR was that just ignored? I used to play here ALOT however ACREs many and tedious bugs got too frustrating and I took a break. Now I am back and ACRE is still here with more bugs after the others were fixed. TFAR I am sure wouldn't be completely bug free however from many experiences its a dam sight more reliable to ACRE.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this? 

ACRE ran incredibly smoothly for months and months after the initial problems were ironed out mission-side. I can understand it might seem like ACRE is bug-ridden and unreliable because it's back to an extreme now, but that is simply unfair to say when that only happened after the 2.2 release and / or Gauntlet 48. On my server ACRE works just fine, although their issue tracker does have records of sporadic failures since the update.

Understandably we need radios now and not just when a hotfix comes out, but for all I know it might be a server thing considering a fair few players have recently begun having extreme FPS drops and crashes. Radios have an odd delay between button press and transmission start, which to me looks very much like a bandwidth thing.

If we cannot wait for a fix, I'm all in for a temporary switch back to TFAR, but ACRE's roadmap seems much more appealing compared to TFAR's completely halted development. Unless somebody from AW has done so already, I would love to collect feedback from players and server admins to create a bug report on their tracker, because that's way more reasonable than to just abandon the mod completely.

TFAR had a bugfix release August 15, 2016 in relation to Apex update.  The mod's creator, nKey, hasn't had personal time to devote to maintaining / developing the mod further and actually posted that he's willing to hire someone to work $100/week on TFAR.

We are aware of current issues with regard to the radios and are working to resolve these issues with Acre.

We are also exploring other avenues of negating these problems, expect a post tomorrow around lunch time that will go into more depth on this. The post will be made inside of the current Acre Bug track thread available here.

The vote that was undertaken has not been forgotten, and will again be covered in depth within tomorrows post. 

I would like to ask for your continuing support while we endeavour to be as transparent and timely as possible, in the changes we make, and development route we pursue.

Thanks,

Copey

1 hour ago, SkullCollector said:

ACRE ran incredibly smoothly for months and months after the initial problems were ironed out mission-side. I can understand it might seem like ACRE is bug-ridden and unreliable because it's back to an extreme now, but that is simply unfair to say when that only happened after the 2.2 release and / or Gauntlet 48. On my server ACRE works just fine, although their issue tracker does have records of sporadic failures since the update.

Understandably we need radios now and not just when a hotfix comes out, but for all I know it might be a server thing considering a fair few players have recently begun having extreme FPS drops and crashes. Radios have an odd delay between button press and transmission start, which to me looks very much like a bandwidth thing.

If we cannot wait for a fix, I'm all in for a temporary switch back to TFAR, but ACRE's roadmap seems much more appealing compared to TFAR's completely halted development. Unless somebody from AW has done so already, I would love to collect feedback from players and server admins to create a bug report on their tracker, because that's way more reasonable than to just abandon the mod completely.

Please ask any ACRE bugs to be also posted here in our bug tracker.

Thanks