AhoyWorld Space Engineers

ShadowAce11

We did have one, but it was a pain to update on a weekly basis and it didn't really have enough interest to justify maintaining it.

That said, SE now has a stable branch which updates far less frequently then the dev branch, which would definitely make updating the server easier.

I'd be in as long as the world is asteroids only. Planets would severely limit the playerbase for performance reasons.

I do think, though, there'll have to be something special about it to warrant an official server. Otherwise there'll always be the argument of, "get a few mates together and host your own." Perhaps regular building contests or other events might be worth looking into, and rally some early adopters to flesh out a spawn base. Make it modular and just wait for it to become eye candy.

I looked at the pricing and Space Engineers actually hosts their own servers at a very reasonable price of [am I allowed to discuss pricing here?] per slot. Since we would likely only have a community of 8 or less people actively playing it would only cost [am I allowed to discuss pricing here?] per month. Now, the restriction is that the server has to be public, but I'm sure there's some way to whitelist. Thoughts?

7 hours ago, ShadowAce11 said:

I looked at the pricing and Space Engineers actually hosts their own servers at a very reasonable price of [am I allowed to discuss pricing here?] per slot. Since we would likely only have a community of 8 or less people actively playing it would only cost [am I allowed to discuss pricing here?] per month. Now, the restriction is that the server has to be public, but I'm sure there's some way to whitelist. Thoughts?

We tried hosting it that way its Even worse then Worse 

You need a dedi for Space engineers and still its a pain and unstable yes even the stable version 

What does work and is some what stable however is hosting it on your own PC true multiplayer ingame but this means the One hosting it always needs to be online 

Whitelisting is alo a pain due to you need to shut down the server every time or use a Special steamgroup 

Agree on the astroid only map but then whats the point I love the planet's :) Also you cant Build insane stuff on Dedi's because off limits in the engine and the game whould be going so slow after a while 

• 1 month later...

I played space engineers for a long time and I loved it.

That was until the planets were introduced and it killed my will to play the game. I had a lot of better games which were more fun and I had a bigger chance to play with other lads (I hate playing those games alone).

Still if someone wants to play ill dust it off.