Side Chat

Stepping down was the last words of your post before you edited it :P

Yes, and I fully agree. I've defended for a while that the fact people refuse to step down when they're not good leaders/ready is the biggest problem regarding this.

I also believe we are going a bit off-topic.

Must... resist... self-advertising...

As far as I am concerned, as long as we state the rules on spawning in and perhaps even linking relevant posts (team leader manual, hint hint), we have done our job for new players. If they choose to ignore them, tough luck, quality check is a kick.

There is nothing wrong with learning, and I'm willing to host a team leader workshop at some point if interest is there, but choosing to be ignorant is, to me, a bannable offence in and of itself. It's EU3, not some King of the Hill fragfest.

There is nothing wrong with learning, and I'm willing to host a team leader workshop at some point if interest is there, but choosing to be ignorant is, to me, a bannable offence in and of itself. It's EU3, not some King of the Hill fragfest.

Ignorance of the rules, after having admitted to have read and agreed to them twice if you're playing on the server, as I mentioned earlier, is not an excuse, and I agree punishments must be issued.

• 2 weeks later...

- We have Command Chat, Squad Chat and Vehicle Chat. This is everything we need of typing.

Example :

As TL of A2 I see the movement of Alpha A1 and Bravo B1/B2 as well as ASL or BSL or any other high ranking officer.

1. I've just joined as Alpha TL 2. I opened the map and see the advance and crucial points on the map as well the trajectory of movement of friendly units on the actual AO.

2. Other players have started to join on EU#3 server and filling Alpha Squad.

3. Next thing is what it should be like and I've seen some of players in Alpha slots doing (we'll stick to Alpha for now). They wait for higher officer to show up near spawn point and pick them up and call for pickup at base by air / take transport by land.(You find asset's rank by pointing on person with aim on him/her). Her? Yeah you wish.  :(

4. Reaching AO, I use my radio and contact next of my Squad members and inform ASL of my presence near AO waiting Situation Report.

If there's a good pilot he will inform the highest ranking officer at AO of friendly assets deployment on LZ "abc" prior to my insertion. (For me, you are a good pilot if you use intelligence and communications to your advantage). If you can do a backflip, other acrobatics, or avoid AA missile, you are just a pilot to me.

5. I reach the meeting point with assets in the area and we distribute team accordingly (If I have A1,B1,B2 and so on with me).

-> There's no need for side chat. If you don't know what to do, find the highest officer and he'll make sure you reach your Team/Squad. This is awesome community willing to learn. Don't be a cowboy. Synchronize with others.

--> If you are a New Asset and you have any questions during your play on EU#3. Either your TL or TL will point you veteran player (if TL is busy OP planning) to suit you up with crucial information you need during play. SL/TL will tell of any special equipment needed on AO as well of OP plan, insertion, hold points etc.

-For me this is very easy to follow and I haven't had any problems finding anyone or "I don't know what to do", "I'm lost" stances.

--->Hope others will elaborate and give their opinion more on organization and not on actual topic title since ORGANIZATION is the problem, not chat. We have radios. We don't have to use smoke signals.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember voting people admin to give them side chat, it worked. Are you sure there is no option to give high ranked slots, let's say sergeants and higher, acces to side chat? I myself think it would be far easier for most of people, I also love the autokick (1 Warn then Kick) option for anyone writing in side.

All in for the sidechat to come back, it is far easier, just enforce the no casual chatting on sidechat rule.

There is nothing wrong with learning, and I'm willing to host a team leader workshop at some point if interest is there

Sounds good, I'd definitely be up for that as I have almost no experience when it comes to leading and it seems that often normal players resist taking the leading slots, leaving fire teams with no designated team leader or squad leader, which helps no one.