Jet maintenence Breakoff button

hydrog

Question

Take a seat and a coke here we go.

So i have a suggestion for the jet maintenance.

Today i got a a10 stuck on the maintenance platform by being in first person and tipping its wing in the low wall next too the maintenance :D

so i got it turned around with the Humvee and unstuck but i had to go trough maintenance again and then i had too wait another 5 minutes.

So hereby my solution.

get a break off button for the maintenance by either breaking it off at the point of one of the maintenance stages or keeping it at the stage as it was before maintenance.

Well hereby my suggestion let me know what you guys think :)

Hydrog/Rowan

PS. It would also help defending against enemy jets in eu1 from my experience the times i had a jet spawn while i was just in maintenance.

11 answers to this question

Imagine what you can do with those 5 extra minutes you have. You can start with painting a nice valley view, a mystic mountain or a ocean breeze. I like to clean my bedsheets and make a cup of tea. Sometimes i even gotta do some yoga or mindfullnes or help old ladies cross the street. 

But i never fly the jets so my bedlinnen hasnt been changed the past year or had a cup of tea. I feel very stressed becouse theres some dead ladies on the street. 

Your point is xD?

Ok, more serious now.

Waiting for a jet to repair for 5 minutes aint that bad. Some people (im not excluding myself from it) wait longer in the lobby for a pilotslot. Beside that:

Be more carefull what you do with your plane. 

What would it be like if the server had a sort of "credit system"? Every time you damage a hunter it will cost money, everytime you crash a heli into charcoal it will cost you even more money, every time you fire a bullet it will cost you a little money. It will all be drawn from your budget, once your budget reaches 0 you will not be able to drive a vehicle or fire a gun or even get banned from the server. Earn credits by killing enemy's. As result you have to "think" before you throw that 80.000 dollar jdamish thing on a sniper.

Lets see how people behave when something like that is implemented (plz dont for the sake of gameplay and population of the server) and how carefull they are with the stuff they use. It would be interesting to see i think. 

I have no idea if such a "breakoff" button would be possible to make ... but for me the time spend in such a thing can be better used, but thats just my humble opinion.

In all honisty i would love an idea like that.

Maybe it would be possible too implement a king of the hill kind of valuta system.

This would also avoid a lot of rage from having bad pilots.

I personaly love the jets in the game and if you fly it 90% of the time it starts too annoy a lot for a jet with a very low ammo ammount.

It would also give people a way too pick our server from the list of servers and promote more tactical gameplay.

All by all i would love too see something like that implemented but it would proberly take a lot of modding and anger.

(Typed from mobile sorry if this looks bad.)

Hydrog/rowan

Guest Bartlett

How about a re spawn button. I've seen admins delete the veichles before now so why not have a delete button scripted at the welding stations where it can be deleted if it's say under 50m high so if you do have an accident in base you an delete and start again? ??

Simply not gonna happen,because if you cannot manage to keep your jet armed and serviced "on time" aka "in between when RT is down and you killed the last remaining enemy air threat" then you shouldnt be called a jet pilot.

Do you know how many hours repair/service time come on 1 hour flighttime?

Now compare this to the "5min" wait time you have now ...

Just my 0,02$

I can't say I'd have much use for this as when I go in for a rearm it's because I'm out of ammo, so I have no reason to break off early.

It would be nice if the rearm time would be related to how much ammo/fuel/repairs you need, as that would minimise the problem of accidentally rearming a 2nd time.

No doubt some pilots don't plan their rearms (that's if they stay alive long enough). Even the best pilot is helpless if the RT is the last thing to be done in an AO, leaving you no choice but to risk a rearm whilst there is enemy CAS spawning in.

It's to stop them killing the entire AO on their own, if we didn't they'd constantly be up killing stuff, it means that the boots on the ground have less to do and so is less fun. You have 5 minutes to wait but YOU HAVE A JET FIGHTER!

giphy.gif

So is the Kajman and the Blackfoot, which can do far more damage to an AO than the Wipeout, but I don't see the heli rearm take 5 minutes.

A better solution would be to change the rearm time based on the vehicle, if that's possible.