GAMENIGHT 2015-06-06 operation mountain goat

alganthe

Alpha Lead Debrief:

Overall debrief:

Well lads it was a long one but we got there in the end and secured the HVT intact too. I would like everyone to remember to thank Vortex our eternal over watch as they sat around not doing much looking out for us, cheers guys.

• Moving: The movement by the whole element was great you guys were on brilliant formations when we were dismounted and assaulting. The benefit of this is it gave us a chance to return any incoming and as a bonus looked great.
  • Assaulting: The assaulting was also brilliant and I was able to able to point the Fire Team Leads (FTLs) in a direction or objective and just let you guys crack on which was brilliant with the comms that was coming through. On that note FTLs Duffy and Christiansen you guys did a brilliant job and got shit done.

-          Man of the OP: Johnson – captured the HVT well done and I got a nice shiny shooter out of it too.

-          FT of the OP:  Christiansens’s Alpha 1. Just all round good play, and you didn’t get wiped...twice. Huzzah!

Guys any feedback positive or negative is greatly appreciated, about how the mission was or maybe you have some constructive criticism to the people you were with, if someone can improve why not help them by telling them?

Cheers, Rave

Moar targets plox.

Formations worked with A1, it looks hella cool too.

Overall the mission was a bit bland. Lots of waiting, lots of walking, lots of driving and I ended with a de-brief of 2 confirmed kills for me. Not because I'm a bad shot but simply because all enemies were is teeny tiny groups which were all so quickly wiped.

Considering Algante was ZEUS guiding some enemies he could easily have spawned in some extra enemies or put a IED along one of the roads simply to spice up the game a bit.

I try to see the gamenights as those moment where there's serious gameplay going on which creates some epic memories. But just routine sweep and clear isn't going to cut it, it does need to have a O-SHIT moment every now and then.

+1 to the above comment, As much as the OP ran smooth, the driving was not proportionate to the action. Admittedly As PL I took things slow because as we went on I was expecting more troops. the final town would have been good to be swarming with enemy for a good CQB clear.

One thing to note, 5 mins re-spawn is not enough in my opinion, All right its an annoyance to die, but 5 mins is no deterrent, half the team dies? no worries we'll just wait for them to appear right where they where with new gear. 

Otherwise the mission was alot of fun, and everyone was very responsive to commands so thank you.

Lone