Civilians?

I've seen plenty of mods/scripts where they incorporate civilians AO's.

I see a huge positive to having this because this would avoid indiscriminate bombings of the AO by CAS and a more realistic approach to the mission is needed. You could have it so if you kill a civilian its like team killing, kill enough and the mission is failed or the player gets kicked. 

Just an idea. 

I like the idea, and frankly it would make it so much more realistic.

One issue to consider is that it may have a negative effect on server speed, especially at peak times... 60 players + AI enemies (lots of those) and then + AI cigs, with their own set of behaviour coding, plus all the code that dictates what happens when they're killed/interacted with? It would require a lot of work, and may have some horrible repercussions.

But the theory is amazing, and I would love this to be implemented.

+1

Buglet I feel you missed that this is an Eu3 suggestion (it's in the eu3 forum)

Fully support this idea and have always thought it'd make a great addition. Maybe with time we will see it in gauntlet! :)

My bad! In that case, fully support this idea. +1 more

I would say on this particular matter that it depends on context. Although, officially, I&A has no context at all, part of the main game revolves around the idea that Altis was evacuated several months ago to make way for military operations. So that said, I don't think EU#1 is the place to be putting civilians, especially when you consider that your 'average Joe' on the server is likely to just gun down anything that moves and isn't BLUFOR. If you consider just how often you're killed by friendly fire on EU#1... It's not like a major problem, but if we're comparing this game to what is truly 'realistic' then it would be a shockingly high rate of fatalities from BLU on BLU.

For me, incorporating civilians into Zeus missions where you know that the guys doing it are on TS and communicating sensibly is really good though. One of my favourite missions that I place down as Zeus is something involving an Oil Rig which has CSAT and stranded civilians on-board, and the idea is that you board the rig by some means and secure the hostages. In this context, the idea works. But I just can't see civilians working anywhere that there is a newbie to ARMA who, as stated, will shoot anything that moves.

I would say on this particular matter that it depends on context. Although, officially, I&A has no context at all, part of the main game revolves around the idea that Altis was evacuated several months ago to make way for military operations. So that said, I don't think EU#1 is the place to be putting civilians, especially when you consider that your 'average Joe' on the server is likely to just gun down anything that moves and isn't BLUFOR. If you consider just how often you're killed by friendly fire on EU#1... It's not like a major problem, but if we're comparing this game to what is truly 'realistic' then it would be a shockingly high rate of fatalities from BLU on BLU.

For me, incorporating civilians into Zeus missions where you know that the guys doing it are on TS and communicating sensibly is really good though. One of my favourite missions that I place down as Zeus is something involving an Oil Rig which has CSAT and stranded civilians on-board, and the idea is that you board the rig by some means and secure the hostages. In this context, the idea works. But I just can't see civilians working anywhere that there is a newbie to ARMA who, as stated, will shoot anything that moves.

Why whould it not work

iff you can implement it in a way that a person getsTemp banned.(For say 30 min)

After a certan number of blu on blu/blu on civ

I think people will learn fast :) 

I like the idee, aldo not so much about the getting kicked part. If there is to be a negative to hitting a civ, it should be in 1)score - after all you still score points in this game, and 2) Maybe a longer respawn timer - like +30 sec for each civ killed.

However i would love to see just some civilians in an AO or gamenights Zeus mission, would make for an interesting twist in how you need to handle situations.

this would certainly put more preassure on the fact of identifying your targets, and as was stated above, it also hinders you from just going out in an apache or A-10 and just leveling the AO..and brings a more tactical aproach to the mission, more so in case of larger cqb scenaios, IE. clearing say...cherno or electro on foot. so i would certainly like to see this implemented if possible.

Read the place where it got posted it's for EU3 and not EU1.

EU1 got enough perfomance problems, if you include civs imagine the frame dorps.

For EU3 on the flipside it would be adding to the gameplay.

DAC and Alive make it quite easy to add and on top of that perfomance wise we play on lower res maps (or at least not altis level of quality).

That's a good idea.

And again read before posting guys.

Oh imagine how many poor civs might die on EU3. Someone create a stat counter please!

The horrors, the horrors. Definitely like this idea a lot, not sure how it would do performance wise as was stated before by others, but this would definitely increase the difficulty/assessment of situations! Perhaps introduce it in a game night or custom friday night zeus thingy or w/e.

Yeah just to be clear this post was meant for Gaunlet not I&A. EU3 not EU1...  The modded server... The forum I posted this in  :ph34r:

I agree the Civies would be more taxing but you don't need a hundred civilians on top of the enemy. Lets just say there is 100 AI in the AO a random generator (if there is such a thing) can place anywhere between 5-20 Civilians. The enemy AI would fill in the rest 80-95 enemy AI as an example. You don't need many civilians to get the effect I'm going for. 

The only extra thing things I see is the civilian script. I have VERY little experience with scripting so please forgive some of my ignorance's about scripting. 

Thanks for the feed back from you guys and that I'm not the only one who thinks this could be a fun addition.