Jump to content
  • 0

Permissible Loadouts


Mad Eye Moody
 Share

Question

This is not a rant but a request to increase my enjoyment of the server. As a very new convert to Arma 3 and a refugee from hacked COD games, I am finding it quite difficult to get the saved loadouts correct for AhoyWorld servers. Typically I will construct say a medic and save it, load it in Arsenal only to find 50% of the kit is missing! Then waste time trying to find what I can have for that character. It would be most useful if there was a listing of the allowed kit for each role. If there is one can I get a link to it please? Before anyone suggests looking at YouTube, done that and most content is outdated or incorrect. I followed one AhoyWorld  contributors guide for each role to the Tee o lay to find 50% missing in game. 

Another issue is understanding voice communications in game. Can I get a link to what the different channels are supposed to be used for? Due to the co operative nature of Arma3 I would have thought it was essential for 100% of the players to be on voice com's. Is that not the case?

Lastly can I get a Link to assist with the in game settings screen: eg distance cloud etc etc. 

Thanks in advance. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

As of a few days ago, the Arsenal on AW I&A has filtered out several items not available to the players current role. It's not perfect yet, but it's a start.

 

The system informs you of what is removed via text, and often also lists which role the item would be available to.

 

Generally speaking, the limits are sensible for the role. Medics don't use high-powered rifles and ghillie suits, after all :)

 

As for the VON channels, you're free to use Group, Vehicle and Direct.

 

Global, Side and Command channels are restricted, largely because 60 people yakking away at the same time wouldn't make for a good experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hi and thanks for the quick reply. Where is the text displayed, I cannot say I have seen it but there is soooo much to learn. Also am I correct in thinking that group is for everyone on the server, and direct is to someone near to you or you are looking at? And as I have TFAR mod should I start teamspeak before I load the game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

As of next version we'll have a different arsenal, one that is vanilla based and not from a custom script.  This new arsenal will only show the things available to your role.  Things you cannot use will not be visible to you in the arsenal.  

 

21 minutes ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

an I get a link to what the different channels are supposed to be used for? Due to the co operative nature of Arma3 I would have thought it was essential for 100% of the players to be on voice com's. Is that not the case?

Our I&A isn't focused on teamplay.  Hence not everyone uses voice comms, it's even highly unlikely that everyone has a microphone.  As for which channels you can use, that is stated in the rules (which you can find here):
"4.6.2.Do not talk in global, side and command channels.  Use group, vehicle and direct chat for voice communications."

 

24 minutes ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

Lastly can I get a Link to assist with the in game settings screen: eg distance cloud etc etc. 

That greatly depends on your specs.  Here is what one of our admins uses: 

 

I can tell you that if i was running those settings i'd be getting 2-5 FPS.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

Where is the text displayed

In chat in gray, but as I said that'll change in the next version.
 

4 minutes ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

Also am I correct in thinking that group is for everyone on the server

Everyone in your group, you can see which group you are in by pressing U.

Global - everyone on the server
Side - all blufor
command - all commanders of groups
group - everyone in your group
vehicle - everyone in your vehicle
direct - everyone near you, usually really really quiet.  

 

5 minutes ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

And as I have TFAR mod should I start teamspeak before I load the game?

I&A doesn't use TFAR so it doesn't matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You are better off constructing a role in the AW server arsenal, than the vanilla one in the main menu; on an I&A server  it will not allow you to choose restricted items (however vanilla will, but then wont let you load them up).

 

I would also say if you are going to do this, pick EU2 to do it on, as it is quieter and people wont be hankering for a slot that is being used for your arsenal admin.

 

I did a video showing my opinion of a few loadouts/roles, if you want to check them out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

You are better off constructing a role in the AW server arsenal, than the vanilla one in the main menu; on an I&A server  it will not allow you to choose restricted items (however vanilla will, but then wont let you load them up).

 

I would also say if you are going to do this, pick EU2 to do it on, as it is quieter and people wont be hankering for a slot that is being used for your arsenal admin.

What he said. I have never seen anyone getting kicked for customizing his loadout for too long, don't worry about doing it on EU1.

You can save the loadouts you created from there too, they'll be stored with the other ones you created elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

You are better off constructing a role in the AW server arsenal, than the vanilla one in the main menu; on an I&A server  it will not allow you to choose restricted items (however vanilla will, but then wont let you load them up).

 

I would also say if you are going to do this, pick EU2 to do it on, as it is quieter and people wont be hankering for a slot that is being used for your arsenal admin.

 

I did a video showing my opinion of a few loadouts/roles, if you want to check them out.

I did watch the video and actually copied some of your loadouts but I must have made some errors as most where not allowed in the roles. Anyhow it’s changing so I look forward to that. I have noticed that the ping changes a lot day to day. I am fortunate to have a top end gaming pc and very fast broadband, so my next challenge is getting the FPS up. What is generally considered an acceptable FPS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Unfortunately ArmA is notorious for poor frames, especially in its multiplayer modes. 40 is amazing, but drops to 20 and averages of 30 isn't uncommon.

 

This is mostly down to how the game engine is built, and is part of why the dev is working on a new engine for ArmA 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
17 hours ago, ansin11 said:

What he said. I have never seen anyone getting kicked for customizing his loadout for too long, don't worry about doing it on EU1.

You can save the loadouts you created from there too, they'll be stored with the other ones you created elsewhere.

 

Indeed I wasn't suggesting he'd be kicked I was suggesting he'd be taking a slot for possibly 10 mins - to who knows an hour to make multiple setups

 

Also on an emptier server you can choose all the roles and thus create the right arsenal for each. Join EU1 and you might only have access to a repair specialist or a squad lead and you are back in the issue of what can i accept.

14 hours ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

I did watch the video and actually copied some of your loadouts but I must have made some errors as most where not allowed in the roles. Anyhow it’s changing so I look forward to that. I have noticed that the ping changes a lot day to day. I am fortunate to have a top end gaming pc and very fast broadband, so my next challenge is getting the FPS up. What is generally considered an acceptable FPS?

Possibly also worth noting I do say some of the weapons shouldn't be selectable but were (maybe still are?) and they remove them from you as soon as you try to pull the weapon. So saving that setup would not be acceptable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Ok some more feedback on the new loadouts. Generally it makes it much simpler to load up at spawn, especially for newbies. However I think it would be nice to have more than a carbine in some roles. Also in real life battle situations it is has always been general practice for forces to pick up better weapons and kit from dead combatants. Could this be included so the original loadout could stay the same at spawn but then weapons etc harvested on the battlefield?
Would it be possible to pre load the vehicles with Titan missiles?
Would it possible to pre load a Hemtt or Hunter as a specific repair vehicle or with supplies to be used specifically for that role? Or am I missing a method of loading a crate onto a vehicle?
Could a heavy recovery vehicle be included like the MAN 8x8? http://army-uk.com/stock/fotobig/662_DSC01595.JPG


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
If you post your specs and current settings we might work something out [emoji4]

Thanks for the offer but I am getting 75 FPS now and that’s seems fine for me. However I would like to know how to return the game colour settings to bog standard.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Statistics

    11.1k
    Total Topics
    66.4k
    Total Posts
×
×
  • Create New...