Kajman + advanced flight model.

Lindi

I've had the Kajman do a wild back flip when people enter the passenger seats (even with the engine turned off!!). Someone suggested over side chat that it is a bug that occurs when the Kajman is flown in Advanced flight model.

I'm not quite sure if it a confirmed bug of not, but I would like to suggest replacing the Kajman on EU1 with the blackfoot.

3 hours ago, Stanhope said:

I'll have a look around on BI pages seeing if it's a known bug and try to test it for myself.  If it's a known bug or i can recreate it we'll probably remove it in the next update of I&A.

I'll be home in a few hours. Let's test it together.

Kajman does flip indeed, @Xwatt and I tested it ourselves with a third player. However it doesn't always happen 100% of the time. There were certain conditions about the rotors if I remember correctly. However Im not sure if the pilot was using AFM or not, we just used him as our guinea pig.

1 minute ago, McKillen said:

Kajman does flip indeed, @Xwatt and I tested it ourselves with a third player. However it doesn't always happen 100% of the time. There were certain conditions about the rotors if I remember correctly. However Im not sure if the pilot was using AFM or not, we just used him as our guinea pig.

Can confirm, tried and tested.

15 hours ago, Amentes said:

I might argue that it would be easier and probably fairer to the majority of pilots who do not use AFM to leave the Kajman where it is?

AFM users can easily avoid it, or disable AFM for Kajman flying? :)

Indeed I did steer away from it after the second time it happened.., but if it is possible to switch it to the blackfoot then all the better for me! :) 

I tried standard flight model, but after getting used to advanced I have to say it just did not feel right.

6 hours ago, Lindi said:

Indeed I did steer away from it after the second time it happened.., but if it is possible to switch it to the blackfoot then all the better for me! :) 

I tried standard flight model, but after getting used to advanced I have to say it just did not feel right.

Most pilots will use the standard flight model, so to change it for a few who use AFM seems the wrong choice. I get your desire to have AFM and a chopper that doesn't flip, but "the needs of the many" and all that.

Seems I will have to try to get used to the SFM. I was just wondering why the Blackfoot was replaced with the Kajman that obviously is bugged? Are the benefits of using the Kajman so big that they out weight the drawback?

Personally, I'd prefer if no OPFOR vehicles were ever used by BLUFOR on I&A, but as it stands, we can either remove the 2/5 chance of a Kajman spawn in favor of the extremely few players who use AFM, or leave it in for the many players who do not.