Nighttime on "speed"

shuenix

Question

13 answers to this question

BI broke fasttime / forwardtime / skiptime  some patches ago,i dont even recall it exactly anymore.

Read up here

Back in the days,you could even set the day to be realtime and the night to run 1,5 or 1,x faster than realtime which led to a better accepted nightfight time than we have now as most pubs are afraid of night combats somehow ...

for the night is dark and full of terrors ...

whatever :P spare me the details ...

it boils down to the point it was possible to edit your mission to the point you could fasttime the night via mission script and BI broke that by a early patch (1.02?)

Ever since we need to rely on admins/ZEUS to fasttime manually.

I do kinda agree, night time is kinda fun but not for to long. it does give us pilots some extra camo if we dont use The Lights on the Heli's. But its gets Boring after some time because it'll also mean we have less people to transport, and that means we have more time on our own hands and then we'll start getting bored after a sertain period of time

On 8/24/2017 at 11:33 AM, AnimeOwl said:

I do kinda agree, night time is kinda fun but not for to long. it does give us pilots some extra camo if we dont use The Lights on the Heli's. But its gets Boring after some time because it'll also mean we have less people to transport, and that means we have more time on our own hands and then we'll start getting bored after a sertain period of time

I think this extra camouflage for the choppers is offset by the harder landings! NVGs and their lack of depth perception really do make selecting a good lz quite a lot harder. :)

On 26-8-2017 at 5:42 AM, Lindi said:

I think this extra camouflage for the choppers is offset by the harder landings! NVGs and their lack of depth perception really do make selecting a good lz quite a lot harder. :)

That is true yeah. but People can train in Eden Editor to get better at landing, this way it gets more easy. plus there is no need to make an Actual landing Sometimes A pilot can come to a Stable Hover mode about 1 or 2 meters above the ground this  way the Passengers can get out of the heli without getting injured most of the time. (Done it with a Hummingbird haven't really done it with a Ghost Hawk.)

3 hours ago, AnimeOwl said:

That is true yeah. but People can train in Eden Editor to get better at landing, this way it gets more easy. plus there is no need to make an Actual landing Sometimes A pilot can come to a Stable Hover mode about 1 or 2 meters above the ground this  way the Passengers can get out of the heli without getting injured most of the time. (Done it with a Hummingbird haven't really done it with a Ghost Hawk.)

Very true I think you need to stay at 5m or less for people not to take damage. Not quite sure about the limit.

...but I've managed to wreck choppers into bushes so there's always that. :D

On 28-8-2017 at 3:50 PM, Lindi said:

Very true I think you need to stay at 5m or less for people not to take damage. Not quite sure about the limit.

...but I've managed to wreck choppers into bushes so there's always that. :D

Yeah.. The bushes and Trees are always a problem xD. and yeah around 5m is max, i think they might get some smaller injuries around 5m but nothing major.

I kinda want to talk about something slightly related, in that, could the server be set such that at 6am gmt, the server sets itself to daylight? Often if you jump on the server early, you'll see people connect and then immediately disconnect when they see it's night time. means there's maybe 3 people at most online for a long period usually until dawn breaks, but sometimes sooner.

From my perspective, I'd be happy if the server permanently ran at 4x speed, so people who get home from work get to experience all conditions before bed, rather than the every day daylight, because the servers are always reset during the day.

@Nibbs The server is not reset based on a schedule and the server time does not correspond with real time. The default time for scenarios is 12:00, I am rather confident that this was never touched for I & A, thus whenever the server restarts or anything else leads to a mission restart, the server time is back at 12:00.

Yes I know, but the server runs in real time (x1), and is always reset between the hours of 10am and 9pm,  as it's always done by an awake admin which means Night invariably falls overnight whilst the admins are offline

3 hours ago, Nibbs said:

could the server be set such that at 6am gmt, the server sets itself to daylight?

I do not know of any way to exchange real time data with the mission script, so unless the server is set to restart every 24 hours, no. :)