AhoyWorld Enhanced, invisible enemy infantry.

Lindi

A few days ago I had problems with random disconnects from the server. I reinstalled mods and battle-eye. I'n not quite sure which of these actions cured it but now I can stay connected as normal. However playing is very hard because I cannot see enemy infantry at all. I tested this with @JaSmAn and @LEO. Most recently today where LEO even drove over an enemy infantryman with a HMMV and we engaged enemies at about 300m range. Once the enemies die not even their bodies are shown, I can only see the weapon they drop on the ground.

I can see enemy vehicles as normal only the infantry has turned invisible. I also do not hear enemy gunfire, only see the puffs and sound effects of bullets hitting the ground near me.

I have since reinstalled Arma 3 completely as well as all the mods. I've double checked my video settings but I am unable to find a solution!

I see enemy troops normally on EU1.

If you can't see the enemies but other players can, then you have incorrectly installed your mods. I've had this issue previously where I thought I had completely synced with the repo and had done so to the point that I could join the server, but couldn't see any enemies.

If re-syncing doesn't solve the issue ask someone to manually give you the @MEC, @MEI and @PLA mods, they are around 60 kilobytes in total and are what you need.

59 minutes ago, Ryko said:

If you can't see the enemies but other players can, then you have incorrectly installed your mods. I've had this issue previously where I thought I had completely synced with the repo and had done so to the point that I could join the server, but couldn't see any enemies.

If re-syncing doesn't solve the issue ask someone to manually give you the @MEC, @MEI and @PLA mods, they are around 60 kilobytes in total and are what you need.

i had a incedent where 1 enemy was invicebol and that after we GL,ed his pos to death i where only able to see his rifle after he died  ( the way i tracked him down was to see the dust fly up from his shooting )

it might be a error with the unform pack  or some uniforms that are unavalebol  might be on the ai

edit i sent lindi a copy of my mods

I was able to play with out a problem for four hours straight during Benjamin Levines game night. This morning back to altis and PLA I'm back to "session lost".

I have not been able to trouble shoot the invisible more than I can see China PLA troops in the editor running the AWE modset. I have also noticed that I get the random "Session lost" disconnects when I join the server using Arma3Sync. Not so much when I use the Arma 3 default launcher.

21 minutes ago, Lindi said:

I was able to play with out a problem for four hours straight during Benjamin Levines game night. This morning back to altis and PLA I'm back to "session lost".

I have not been able to trouble shoot the invisible more than I can see China PLA troops in the editor running the AWE modset. I have also noticed that I get the random "Session lost" disconnects when I join the server using Arma3Sync. Not so much when I use the Arma 3 default launcher.

Hi @Lindi i used to get session lost a while back, i had to re-download the modset again, one by one. solved the issue with me.

One by one? I've reinstalled the mods multiple times, but always just installed the entire repository at once.

Funny thing is I don't seem to be getting disconnects when launching arma3 and then using the in-game server finder to connect. Now I would just need to test if I can actually see the Chinese PLA.

I have now been able to launch the game, with no lost sessions and visible enemy infantry.

I do this by launching arma with all the AWE mods selected. I hit PLAY and join the server via the ingame server browser.

If I use Arma3Sync or try to join the server via the Arma3 server browser in the launcher I start getting all the mysterious issues.

Hey Lindi,

I was having the two same exact problems as you, but I managed to fix them today.

I used to get errors from BAF when launching the game, and inside enhanced I would keep getting  'session lost' every 10 minutes or so I joined.

So I reinstalled the modset, this fixed the 'session lost' but then I had an issue where the AI were invisible.

So this was the fix. I kept the reinstalled modset, but I uninstalled, and then installed arma 3 sync again.

I then synchronised it with the repo and didn't touch anything else, just launched the game with the mods.

This fixed the BAF erros on startup, I did not get any 'session lost' and I could see the AI again.

Hope this helps you,

-Xwatt