AW Invade & Annex 2 Changelog and Download

Doesnt want to give the AOs or sidemissions in the latest A3 update. Any plans on an update?

this happens if you changed something in the init and broke it. if you edited anything you probably forgot a semi colon somewhere

Great Mission(s), Loving it!

Running a (small) server in Australia!

Hello from the ArmChair Kommandos!

hello back

As Jester said on a previous thread:

@Linux-br

We do not mind anyone downloading, altering, changing, adding, subtracting etc.... to our mission file at all. But please do not post links to altered versions of the file here on the website. As we do not usually test these missions, nor do we give support to them.

It ends up turning into a support thread to someone elses work that we cannot/will not offer.

I am glad you enjoy the mission enough to want to use it as a base for how you want it to be. Good luck with future changes to it and hope you get it where you like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Looking at the changelog, it seems that 2.58d has been released on November 2, but the file linked in the post is 2.57d. 2.58 doesn't show up in the attached files at the bottom of the post either.

Where can I find the 2.58 file for download?

Thanks!

If you've played on the server the mission will be saved in a mission folder within user data folder in the game install files as far as I remember, Raz' put a post here a while ago with the default folder tree to find it

Arma Multiplayer Mission files (.pbo's) are saved here by default whenever you join a server and receive the files

Edit

***** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK / PERIL *****

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

******* YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED *********

** AHOYWORLD TAKE NO ACCOUNTABILY FOR ERRORS USING THIS FILE LOCATION *****

we don't like doing that because then people might get bad files. We only release here when we are sure it is stable and everything is functioning properly. if people pull it out of their appdata  folders, that is on them to use at their own risks.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for the devs. I'd like to move the UAV/UGV spawn to a different location, but when I do that I notice that some of them start their engines automatically. If I move them back to the original location, then they don't start the engines. I've looked in the editor to try and find a trigger or marker that relates to this, but I cannot. Do you use a hardcoded position somewhere, and force any UGVs within a radius to not start their engines or something?

Does this even make any sense, or am I crazy?

Question for the devs. I'd like to move the UAV/UGV spawn to a different location, but when I do that I notice that some of them start their engines automatically. If I move them back to the original location, then they don't start the engines. I've looked in the editor to try and find a trigger or marker that relates to this, but I cannot. Do you use a hardcoded position somewhere, and force any UGVs within a radius to not start their engines or something?

Does this even make any sense, or am I crazy?

Nothing in our code to control that. Make sure that the unit is set to "not in formation" and is not grouped. Other then that, I am unsure why it would be doing that for you.

Nothing in our code to control that. Make sure that the unit is set to "not in formation" and is not grouped. Other then that, I am unsure why it would be doing that for you.

Thanks for the info. The UGV that's on your 2.65 map is set to "In formation," I changed that to "none" though and it still had the same issue.

On another note, do you have any idea why "Default" vehicle locks are restricting access to group leaders only? I had to go through and manually set them all to "Unlocked" so everyone could use them. I'm concerned that the reward vehicles are going to have this problem though, since I can't manually set them before hand.

are you running this locally? on a dedicated server? in the editor?

If you are running it through the editor, you are going to notice all kinds of stuff that seems "broken" or not as it is supposed to be. It is designed for being run on a server (as in MP not SP) So if you plan on viewing things you are editing, then do it from the MP editor instead of just the straight editor. I am sure that you will see a lot of your problems will disappear. 

are you running this locally? on a dedicated server? in the editor?

If you are running it through the editor, you are going to notice all kinds of stuff that seems "broken" or not as it is supposed to be. It is designed for being run on a server (as in MP not SP) So if you plan on viewing things you are editing, then do it from the MP editor instead of just the straight editor. I am sure that you will see a lot of your problems will disappear. 

Interesting. What is this multiplayer editor you refer to, is it part of the game or some add-on?

just click multiplayer, go into the server selection and look down at the bottom left. it will say "new". just host it locally on LAN and put the I&A folder in your MP folder instead of mission folder. you can then select it and edit it or play/test it.

• 1 month later...

hey i was wondering if the blowing up drones issue is fixable? or already fixed in the new versions?

im looking forward for a newer version of I&A Altis wich is staying behind at 2.65b

thx for putting so much time into creating these missions

greets,

Raptor from DutchTacticalTeam

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not presently, it's still being tweaked to try recover some of the lost fps of other versions,

check page 2 the Submit Q&A section, Quicksilver has listed most of what was added to the version

also there's a possiblity we'll rolling back 2.46 and rebuilding from there, as we've experienced at least 10fps increase in that mission state,

a lot less fluff (scripts) involved those versions (more testing required) but watch this space... 

Not presently, it's still being tweaked to try recover some of the lost fps of other versions,

check page 2 the Submit Q&A section, Quicksilver has listed most of what was added to the version

also there's a possiblity we'll rolling back 2.46 and rebuilding from there, as we've experienced at least 10fps increase in that mission state,

a lot less fluff (scripts) involved those versions (more testing required) but watch this space... 

Some performance is lost with Zeus integration, I'd say a few FPS off the top and a few hours off server longevity. 

I'll send a PM to you with link to latest pbo. I'd suggest to pop it open and have a look. Performance is a new standard, although as I said addition of Zeus module shaves some performance off, without even using it. (and of course Zeus spawning stuff is a performance expenditure, and Zeus spawning modules causes irreversible buildup of de-sync which will kill the session in the end). 

Should get about 12-14+ good hours out of a session, assuming 1 curator making modest use of Zeus and not spawning too many modules.

• 1 month later...