EU#3 Intro Training - 14/05/16 1700 UTC

Amentes

Meet up @ TS/MissionPlanning: 1645 UTC

Training start: 1700 UTC (apprx.)

Training end: 1900 UTC (apprx.)

Type of gameplay: Basic training, roundtable.

Mods: EU#3 Repository Mods

Basic training looks like this:

1. Introduction - what it means to play on EU3 - how it's different from EU1 / other servers - what we expect from players.  Ie., the obligatory boring talky-talk part
  2. Radios - how to use ACRE - how to communicate well & efficiently - understanding how & why the radios work.
  3. Working as a team - formations, movement, cover, battle buddies, chain of command.
  4. ACE medical - how to treat your own injuries - how to help a medic (or other team members) treat another team members' injuries effectively.

Signups not required

After completed training, roundtable discussion on future training topics.

There will be no specialized training for this session.

Guest Bartlett

As I play as medic like all the time, I was wondering if you wanted any assistance when it comes down to talking about section 4, when supporting a medic in need of assistance as I believe this can be quite an issue on the field, when people try to help by doing their own thing rather than do what is needed?

As I play as medic like all the time, I was wondering if you wanted any assistance when it comes down to talking about section 4, when supporting a medic in need of assistance as I believe this can be quite an issue on the field, when people try to help by doing their own thing rather than do what is needed?

People need to get this: The first thing they should do if the medic's covered already is ASK the medic if they need help. If they say yes, they should ask with what. Otherwise, don't touch the patient and don't stand around them! The medic needs to be able to move around, he doesn't need 5 people staring at the victim.

People need to get this: The first thing they should do if the medic's covered already is ASK the medic if they need help. If they say yes, they should ask with what. Otherwise, don't touch the patient and don't stand around them! The medic needs to be able to move around, he doesn't need 5 people staring at the victim.

I'd argue. of someone gets downed, one guy should be trying to stabilize until medic arrives, at which point, unless the medic himself says different, he should default to going back on the firing line.

I'd argue. of someone gets downed, one guy should be trying to stabilize until medic arrives, at which point, unless the medic himself says different, he should default to going back on the firing line.

Yes, but what I'm talking about is if there's a medic treating the patient already.

Guest Bartlett

To be honest the only time I need help is if the patient has red limbs all over..... my method if I need help is as follows,

tourniquet all limbs, then there's 2 parts that need seeing to head and torso, if I do the 1 with most injuries then my assistant can do the other, whoever fixes theirs first move on to their RIGHT arm,I can then give them fluids as they will have lost a lot of blood already, that way they don't drop while I'm seeing to the rest of the limbs,I then stitch them up then deal with how much more fluid they need, then deal with their pain and off they go, .....

and in most cases I will deal with a fresh set of wounds a few minutes later :P

1 thing that really bothers me is when someone comes up to me and says I need stictching up and they only have 1 wound on 1 limb???? I carry 8 serial kits onto the field. That's for 8 serious conditions, not because you say it keeps opening up "please remember the medical menu tells me what treatment the patient has received, and if you used 3 bandages to fix the wound once then it's clearly not opened up" and if it's around 5 to 10 minutes before opening up then tuffen up,

If you are worrying about running low on bandages then ask me I carry "plenty" and I will supply you,

To be honest the only time I need help is if the patient has red limbs all over..... my method if I need help is as follows,

tourniquet all limbs, then there's 2 parts that need seeing to head and torso, if I do the 1 with most injuries then my assistant can do the other, whoever fixes theirs first move on to their RIGHT arm,I can then give them fluids as they will have lost a lot of blood already, that way they don't drop while I'm seeing to the rest of the limbs,I then stitch them up then deal with how much more fluid they need, then deal with their pain and off they go, .....

and in most cases I will deal with a fresh set of wounds on the same person a few minutes later :P

1 thing that really bothers me is when someone comes up to me and says I need stictching up and they only have 1 wound on 1 limb???? I carry 8 stitch kits onto the field. That's for 8 serious conditions, not because you say it keeps opening up "please remember the medical menu tells me what treatment the patient has received, and if you used 3 bandages to fix the wound once then it's clearly not opened up" and if it's around 5 to 10 minutes before opening up then tuffen up,

If you are worrying about running low on bandages then ask me I carry "plenty" and I will supply you,

And before anyone mentions my kit being too much or 'not right' I can go through 2 fucked up ao's without dying or loosing a patient (excluding 1 shot instant kills)

The way I play my role I could continue for several ao's with a good asl that can have supplies brought in for everyone 'copey did this in sahrani' and nobody needed to rtb for the whole map

Would love to come, but 90% cannot make it on Saturday.

If possible, Sundays might be better, since as the summer aproaches there is bigger chance of ppl being away on Saturdays, whereas on Sunday evenings most are at home.. just a thought.