War for Altis - Act 3 Mission 3 Modded Zeus Ops 31.05.20 @ 16:30 UTC

JANXOL

Date:

16:30 UTC

Expected mission length: 120+ min (might be over or under)

Act 3 - Weather the storm

Part 3

The Altian operation against the insurgent was successful, but it is clear that the Altians won't be able to follow through as much as they'd like to. The Russians are mobilizing far too quickly. Additional Russian units are arriving on the island and taking positions on the frontline and intelligence indicates the great general Izhutin, responsible for the fall of Malden, has now taken command of the Altis invasion force.

The insurgents and Freedom are definitely displeased by Altian actions, but they do not intend to give up. They have set up firing bases, ambushes and roadblocks and are preparing for a larger fight. They are, however, aware that Altians are about to hand their hands full with the Russians and they are attempting to use it to their advantage. They are intensively shelling the FOB that was recently captured by the Altians, hoping to persuade them to abandon it. In face of imminent Russian offensive the Altians must either deal with the threat or fall back. Confident that the insurgents can't possibly have the forces necessary to push back, and seemingly ignoring Templar's primary force, the Altian command decides not to retreat. The insurgent fire positions must be eliminated and the FOB area secured. This operation must count, as it is probably the last opportunity to strike at the insurgents before hell breaks loose on the Russian front.

Interestingly, thanks to interrogating Freedom commanders captured at the FOB we have managed to learn more about "The Thor's Hammer". It is a highly advanced EMP weapon developed in secrecy by Gatekeeper, supposed to achieve effective pulse radius similar to a tactical nuke, but without the use of fissile materials. It is clear that Freedom intends to get its hands on its weapon and a large portion of their operations are aimed at finding its location. For now the Altian command decides not to be concerned about the hypothetical danger of the insurgents getting their hands on it and focuses on the coming operation and preparations for the fight with Russians.

thumb.thumb.jpg.09c963255420ef34ef9b4ac1a3f84c21.jpg

The Assets

Player faction: Altian armed forces

Player slots: 30

- PLATCO - 4 man command element + BRDM-2UM command vehicle

- 3 Infantry Squads - Alpha, Bravo, Charlie - 8-man each

- Vortex - 2-man helicopter pilot team (pilot and co-pilot)

- Mi-8 and UH-60 transport helicopters

- 1x BTR-70

- 1x MT-LB

- Various wheeled support vehicles

The mission

Secure the area around recently captured FOB. Eliminate insurgent firebases and outposts but be careful, as some reports indicate they are using civilian presence to "shield" their installations.

The modset:

For your convenience, here's the modlist:

War For Altis act3.html 10.39 kB · 30 downloads

For anyone unfamiliar with ACE who wishes to join, I recommend you check out the ACE basic handbook:

Hope to see you there!

Gotta say @JANXOL, you should start a dictionary of terms used in your campaign since I'm getting lost 😅.

I know the bits and pieces were described in older briefings but I can realy use refresher of what exactly is hiding behind aliases like:

insurgents and Freedom (what's the difference ?)

Templar

Gatekeeper

I am pretty sure people don't actually read these briefings, so I don't think dictioinary would really help.

Midnight is close enough.

Insurgents - pretty self explanatory, they are the local rebels

Freedom - anarchist organisation that is aiding the insurgents, providing funding, equipment, training and assisting with coordination. Freedom forces are also present on the island, less numerous, but better trained and equipped than insurgents. In-game represented by AAF.

Templar - Alias of the highest ranking Freedom commander on Altis, who is in charge of their operations here

Gatekeeper - Mercenary force acting as an arm of arms manufacturing concerns. They are equipped with all the newest tech and are used both for combat testing and demonstration of effectiveness of said tech. Like a practical advertisement. Employed by the Russians and in-game represented by CSAT.

4 hours ago, JANXOL said:

I am pretty sure people don't actually read these briefings, so I don't think dictioinary would really help.

Come on, everyone here is seriously into RP - have you seen how much time we spend playing dress-up and complaining about orders? 😄