SkyeGuy

Usage License / Assistance with running I&A on dedicated server

Hi y'all - started off my Arma 3 experience on your I&A servers back in 2015 - I wanted to get permission from a developer or the like to be able to use your mission file on a private dedicated server for my clan. I plan on removing the derp_medical scripts and using the BIS vanilla revive system, in addition to a few other minor tweaks, such as a custom script to utilize dynamic vehicle loadouts on the aircraft live in-game, etc.

(I've done some testing already and I'm having issues being able to join the server upon initial load-in, and I'm pretty sure I extracted the .pbo file correctly, and have mapped the filepaths for the server to load up the mission correctly as well, probably did something stupid in the process, who knows). I can get the .pbo and server rpt log files if requested.

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Which version of I&A3 are you using?

If it's the latest version it contains a file called readme.  You should really read that :)  It's the MIT license, or the do whatever the heck you want with it but include this license in whatever you make of it license. 

And for the initial loading have a look at your server rpt.  It'll probably be complaining about this line of code:  "#include "\arma3_readme.txt";".  Remove that, include the following in the init:

zeusAdminUIDs = [];  zeusModeratorUIDs = []; zeusSpartanUIDs= [];

and remove the 4 server functions listed at the bottom (serverRestart, missionRestart, kickPlayer, banPlayer).

You can fill those 3 arrays with people you want to have zeus access.  Moderators don't have zeus.

9 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

It'll probably be complaining about this line of code:  "#include "\arma3_readme.txt";".  Remove that, include the following in the init:

zeusAdminUIDs = [];  zeusModeratorUIDs = []; zeusSpartanUIDs= [];

and remove the 4 server functions listed at the bottom (serverRestart, missionRestart, kickPlayer, banPlayer).

You can fill those 3 arrays with people you want to have zeus access.  Moderators don't have zeus.

Wow you are on-point - confirmed it was the readme file, I didn't catch that in the Includes section on the description.ext : P 

(as for the readme believe it or not I did read it, but just as a personal, developer-to-developer thing I always like to get permission if I can)

Y'all are a fantastic group and a beacon for the Arma community, I wouldn't expect anything less from y'all. Thanks for the bit about the Zeus UIDs as well! ?

That include is in the initserver.sqf, not hte description.ext.  And a whole bunch of people have worked on I&A3, some of the scripts in it are 5 years old.  Nobody really to personally ask :)