Usage License / Assistance with running I&A on dedicated server

SkyeGuy

Hi y'all - started off my Arma 3 experience on your I&A servers back in 2015 - I wanted to get permission from a developer or the like to be able to use your mission file on a private dedicated server for my clan. I plan on removing the derp_medical scripts and using the BIS vanilla revive system, in addition to a few other minor tweaks, such as a custom script to utilize dynamic vehicle loadouts on the aircraft live in-game, etc.

(I've done some testing already and I'm having issues being able to join the server upon initial load-in, and I'm pretty sure I extracted the .pbo file correctly, and have mapped the filepaths for the server to load up the mission correctly as well, probably did something stupid in the process, who knows). I can get the .pbo and server rpt log files if requested.

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Which version of I&A3 are you using?

If it's the latest version it contains a file called readme.  You should really read that :)  It's the MIT license, or the do whatever the heck you want with it but include this license in whatever you make of it license. 

And for the initial loading have a look at your server rpt.  It'll probably be complaining about this line of code:  "#include "\arma3_readme.txt";".  Remove that, include the following in the init:

zeusAdminUIDs = [];  zeusModeratorUIDs = []; zeusSpartanUIDs= [];

and remove the 4 server functions listed at the bottom (serverRestart, missionRestart, kickPlayer, banPlayer).

You can fill those 3 arrays with people you want to have zeus access.  Moderators don't have zeus.

9 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

It'll probably be complaining about this line of code:  "#include "\arma3_readme.txt";".  Remove that, include the following in the init:

and remove the 4 server functions listed at the bottom (serverRestart, missionRestart, kickPlayer, banPlayer).

You can fill those 3 arrays with people you want to have zeus access.  Moderators don't have zeus.

Wow you are on-point - confirmed it was the readme file, I didn't catch that in the Includes section on the description.ext : P 

(as for the readme believe it or not I did read it, but just as a personal, developer-to-developer thing I always like to get permission if I can)

Y'all are a fantastic group and a beacon for the Arma community, I wouldn't expect anything less from y'all. Thanks for the bit about the Zeus UIDs as well! ?

• 1 year later...

Hi

I had the same issue. Sorry for commenting on this old post, but better than a new one. I got your Invade__Annex_3_3_51.Altis version, had the same issue, did as you said and it worked. But now everyone has that orange Admin on their scroll down. Should it be there or is there a way to disable it for non-admin players(Or should admins just put their UID's in the script?). BTW nice job with I&A, we are a couple of friends and have been enjoying it for years now and our favorite game modes to play.

Seems like everyone that connects get this option. I replaced the:

// get local Zeus info
#include "\arma3_readme.txt";

With

// get local Zeus info

Just undo that, so keep initserver as it was in the mission.  Then go to your server (in case you're testing it locally that'd be your arma client) and find the file named arma3_readme.txt in the root folder of your server (so the same level as you'll find the .exe).  If such a file does not exist, make it.  If it exists clear its content.  Then add the following to this file:

zeusAdminUIDs = [];
zeusModeratorUIDs = [];
zeusSpartanUIDs = [];
zeusCoreStaffUIDs = [];

getServerPassword = {_pw="yourServerPasswordGoesHere"; _pw};

Note that that last password isn't the same as the one you use for rcon or for logging in on server, it's the value that "serverCommandPassword" gets in your launch config.