Paradrop in eu1 and 2?

Colby

Question

18 answers to this question

You see one problem with the Xi'an here is that it follows a design philosophy similar to that of the Kajman, based on the Mi-24 Hind. It combines the gunship with (personnel) transport. For I & A we don't really want to have a gunship on respawn, so one would have to take the Xi'an's weapons, which is possible, but to me personally, spawning a gunship without guns seems wrong. I know that the rewards do this, but that's not my fault ?

There already is a Blackfish at base and it gets used rarely and usually unsuccessfully as most people can't fly - or rather land - the VTOLs. I assume the same would happen to a Xi'an.

The blackfish infantry can transport 75% of the servers infantry at the same time.  That's not really needed ever I feel.  It'd probably be a better idea to put an unarmed infantry transport xi'an in.  Has roughly the same capacity as a huron, is slightly bigger than it and has the advantages of a hybrid.  (It's also more manoeuvrable than the fish)

The first time I met Adshield and Pancake among some others in this community was actually during a paradrop on EU1 where we made a team of about 8 soldiers and did multiple AO's, was incredibly good fun and can thank that to me knowing the folk I know now.

I'd recommend it, just ensure that you can find a pilot who is willing to do the runs for you otherwise you might find yourself dropping out at some rather low altitudes.

20 hours ago, Stanhope said:

The blackfish infantry can transport 75% of the servers infantry at the same time.  That's not really needed ever I feel.  It'd probably be a better idea to put an unarmed infantry transport xi'an in.  Has roughly the same capacity as a huron, is slightly bigger than it and has the advantages of a hybrid.  (It's also more manoeuvrable than the fish)

Would it be an option to have a xi'an spawnpoint at a fob or main base? Unarmed*

16 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

He is just saying that he isn´t responsible. i.e. you have to ask ansin as he seems to be the the one to make such descisions.

Ahhh does he have to do with arsenal problems? 

8 minutes ago, Colby said:

But should we do a poll on it? In the forums?

For what? You brought the idea up and ansin was marked by stan. So he will see it and decide weather it willl be implemented or not together with the rest of the dev-team. It doesn´t matter how many people would vote for or against it. Especially considering that most of the players playing on the public servers aren´t even on the forums wich means the results aren´t representative anyways.

12 minutes ago, Colby said:

But should we do a poll on it? In the forums?

I wouldn't bother with polls for EU1 and other Vanilla servers, the vast majority of its players are not in this community or on the forums. The polls only really work for servers such as Enhanced and generally only when certain individuals are actually feeling non-biased that day.

6 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

For what? You brought the idea up and ansin was marked by stan. So he will see it and decide weather it willl be implemented or not together with the rest of the dev-team. It doesn´t matter how many people would vote for or against it. Especially considering that most of the players playing on the public servers aren´t even on the forums wich means the results aren´t representative anyways.

Ok ok sorry still bit new around here

3 minutes ago, ansin11 said:

You see one problem with the Xi'an here is that it follows a design philosophy similar to that of the Kajman, based on the Mi-24 Hind. It combines the gunship with (personnel) transport. For I & A we don't really want to have a gunship on respawn, so one would have to take the Xi'an's weapons, which is possible, but to me personally, spawning a gunship without guns seems wrong. I know that the rewards do this, but that's not my fault ?

There already is a Blackfish at base and it gets used rarely and usually unsuccessfully as most people can't fly - or rather land - the VTOLs. I assume the same would happen to a Xi'an.

Ah thats fine then edit: does xi'an come without guns? Cause i dont have dlc edit 2: dammit you said that and i didnt read correct