Teamspeak

MC

Hi, do most of you use team speak when playing. 🤔 

It seems very quiet when I've been on.. 

Also do you play in squads.... Because I always seem to be going it alone.. 

Thanks

Yes, we typically use teamspeak.  Most people are typically on around 18:00 - 22:00 UTC, typically in the EU1 channel.  But there's certainly nights that almost nobody is on or that we're in other channels.  Especially on Fridays and Sundays as on both of those days we'll be playing a gamenight on EU2. 

On EU1 there are definitely people who play in squads but it's not a requirement, so a lot of people go at it alone. 

I haven't got a clue on how to use team speak. I've searched for info but all's that's coming up is on how to install it. 🤔 not actually how to use it.... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 6:29 AM, MC said:

I haven't got a clue on how to use team speak. I've searched for info but all's that's coming up is on how to install it. 🤔 not actually how to use it.... 

I'm not on my gaming machine so I can't be more helpful, but once you fire up TS you're going to want to connect to ts.ahoyworld.net, once you're on there double-click on the EU1 channel and you use "Tab" by default to talk over TS.  If you need more help ask in-game and someone can help you out.

• 7 months later...

On EU1 most of the communication related to the mission happens in-game.  We're in TS more for the social aspect than for the actual comms related to the game.  So a vortex pilot that wants to communicate with other pilots would use ingame chat or voice (in I&A3 group chat & in I&A4 air channel) and to communicate with ground forces either sidechat or vehicle chat.