AWE meeting?

Good day fellaz! Have u guys ever planned to organize a small meeting between AWE players? it would be fun to meet. I think most of the players are from UK and scandinavia, so it shouldn't be impossible to get almost all of us together. 

Flying is so cheap and easy nowadays, not underestimating our vortex at all. :D

If this is an IRL meet which I imagine it is, I believe last year there was an Ahoy World meet. Folk gathered in the Netherlands I believe and spent a week or a weekend, not quite sure, doing various stuff.

There might be another IRL meet planned one day, I imagine it's a bit of a pain in the ass to plan out though.

Yes, we had a ahoy meetup. Ive been one of the visitors/organisers. Was for all members/staff, not awe in particular.

It was a weekend, starting on the Friday. The amount of visitors was a bit disappointing.

Didnt do it this year as the response was almost none and im not going to airsoft against myself or race (karting) on a empty track, some of the stuff we did.

17 minutes ago, PiranhA said:

Yes, we had a ahoy meetup. Ive been one of the visitors/organisers. Was for all members/staff, not awe in particular.

It was a weekend, starting on the Friday. The amount of visitors was a bit disappointing.

Didnt do it this year as the response was almost none and im not going to airsoft against myself or race (karting) on a empty track, some of the stuff we did.

Sad to hear it.. :(

why i asked for AWE meeting particulary, is that i think it would be easier to organize it for a smaller group. 

Should make a poll to see how many is interested to participate.. ?

There are some questions to ask yourself before even announcing it:

-What activity's

-Date/time

-Costs

-Minimum attendance/Maximum attendance

Not wanting to disappoint you, but from my experience the chance is quite small to get a decent amount of people for a event like this. I would like to come by and visit, but since AWE is a long time ago for me, im probably not allowed to attend...

I've met up with my clan in the UK before. That was fun. It's doable, but it needs to be in a place easily accessible by train/plane. Anything from over the big pond is probably too expensive for a quick weekend. From Europe, it's doable to meet in the UK anywhere where the budget airlines go. (Bristol/Doncaster/Manchester/etc.) Same goes for the Netherlands, trains are quite reasonable from Amsterdam Schiphol to anywhere, really. (I'd suggest not going too far to the north or south, transport becomes atrocious there...)