Short Wave Radio's

nathanniles

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi, I can see where you're coming from; but should you get spoon-fed even more stuff - this time radio's worth approximately $5600,- in real life* -  so there is no exceptions for mistakes anymore.

I used to enjoy it when I did something wrong, such as forgetting a (sometimes vital) accessory. It forces you to adapt to the new situation, I'd say being able to fudge up is part of the realism aspect, although some people see it differently and think all missions are (supposed to be) played out the same way.

* = 

Spoiler

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=7c996cd7-cbb4-4018-baf8-8825eada7aa2&ID=1241

The 2014 budget estimates rifleman radios could cost $5,600 per unit, while manpack systems could run about $72,000. Manufacturers believe they can bring those prices down as a result of the competition.

The 2014 budget estimates rifleman radios could cost $5,600 per unit, while manpack systems could run about $72,000. Manufacturers believe they can bring those prices down as a result of the competition.

cost $5,600 per unit

cost $5,600 per unit

cost $5,600 per unit

No wonder that some nations with a large military have some spending problems :)

9 hours ago, MessedUpSmiley said:

I used to enjoy it when I did something wrong, such as forgetting a (sometimes vital) accessory. It forces you to adapt to the new situation, I'd say being able to fudge up is part of the realism aspect, although some people see it differently and think all missions are (supposed to be) played out the same way.

A lot of my setups do not have NVGs, to keep the weight down, so I only take them at night and youd be amazed how many times I'm in a chopper and realise, oops it's night and I left my NVGs at base. Adapting is just part of the process and, I agree, a lot of fun.