EU3 Modded

duffyman

Question

10 answers to this question

Not sure if troll or you really want to see people running around with this thing.

I don't think he's trolling and it would be interesting seeing people running around with this lol.

I don't think he's trolling and it would be interesting seeing people running around with this lol.

It looks like the kind of thing, which in the wrong hands might up end up being put to poor or reverse use (ex. accidental teamkills).

Why not just throw (smoke) grenades or pick a grenadier slot to shoot them.

M32's should eventually come out in RHS and they are not supposed to be used by Squad leaders and Team leaders but more rather Explosive specs and EOD. They can be pretty useful in the right hands as it's pretty much a more mobile GMG, highly doubt it would increase TK'ing too, TK'ing just comes down to poor communication, accidents or just pure assholery pardon my french...

M32's should eventually come out in RHS and they are not supposed to be used by Squad leaders and Team leaders but more rather Explosive specs and EOD. They can be pretty useful in the right hands as it's pretty much a more mobile GMG, highly doubt it would increase TK'ing too, TK'ing just comes down to poor communication, accidents or just pure assholery pardon my french...

I expect that when this come out with RHS it will most likely be class locked to the above suggested ^. Or is severe asshattery is forecast or Ensues may be removed completely, In the vein that Thermal Weapons Sights went.

Basicly it all comes down to education and whats in your spine, thru education. If you learn to throw smoke everytime you are in a supresive place. Then you´ll kepp on doing that. But if you dont learn to take initiative with smoke and opening up a massive lead wall against the ppl supressing you, then you´ll stay last.

Hope I delivered my point. 

I remember previous discussions elsewhere about the effects of using something like the Milkor MGL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkor_MGL) in the game.

In the real world, most notably the effective firing range, the rate of fire and the resulting accuracy of this device differs to the parameters of the real counterexamples of the underbarrel launchers available in the vanilla game and the RHS mod.

With regard to those differences: the real Milkor MGL can use MV rounds (medium velocity), which enables it, together with specially crafted scopes, to hit targets reliably up to 800m, compared to the 400m maximum effective firing range of the man mounted GLs already in the game. High rate of fire grenade launchers are already there (those mounted to the HMMVs). Just better sights or ranging computers, that improve the accuracy, like currently available in the real world, is what I haven't seen anywhere in Arma 3 or its mods, yet.

The reasons for it being used so rarely are best summarized for me in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3d9a4s/2025_and_we_have_improvements_to_everything/

In this post the author makes the ranges of the scoped rifles in the game responsible for rendering the existing GLs into the category of "rarely used wisely".

Of course, you could add to these reasons impatience and lack of SL, TL and teammembers' capabilities to range and designate targets, mark them on the map etc. - but these aspects of teamplay are relevant to all kinds of indirect fire. It's still easier for most to play the game by taking out everything they see, as soon as they see it. I'm looking forward to help making this a difference for EU#3 with regard to the existing grenades.

It's not the same as with the M3 MAAWS smoke and illumination rounds, as I found them only needed for foggy night conditions. The grenades can be used in any setting of Gauntlet: against infantry and for disabling wheeled vehicles.

Reading the excellent previous articles about properly using the russian AT weapons, the static grenade launchers, ... I see a grenadier's breviary coming up, written for me to read about the secrets and mystery of using the grenades in the field.

What I remember, when reading my own post.. in Gauntlet, when playing it alone at night, using a Darter to spot targets for indirect underbarrel grenade launcher fire.. when you take out three of a group of five for example, the remaining two move in such a way, that you do not neutralize them, when you hit the same spot again, while maintaining cover. So the AI is quite fresh in this spot and would keep it being a difficult task to take out enemies using indirect underbarrel grenade fire. Even with such a weapon added.