Plans about Tanoa?

Linus / mEkz

Well there are 2 sides to this, on the one hand its a great oppertunity to port various gamemodes (Gauntlet, I&A, etc) to this map. However by running the map you also alianate those players who dont have the DLC. Best bet would be to run it on a seperate server, say EU1 is normal maps, EU2 is Tanoa. Same could be done for the modded, but it's a bit of a hassle.

If we do start using it in the map rotation for both EU1&2, and EU3 modded, then i guess i will have to buy the map dlc, cause i would hate to be unable to play due to missing a map. :(

First, it`s really to early to discuss this, we have no idea how the map is made, the actual size, towns, villages, etc....

I&A will probably be ported over, but also modified with the new units/vehicles/etc and run on EU1 (probably) while EU2 would stay current I&A on Altis.

Like I said, it`s waaaay to early to start discussing that.

First, it`s really to early to discuss this, we have no idea how the map is made, the actual size, towns, villages, etc....

I&A will probably be ported over, but also modified with the new units/vehicles/etc and run on EU1 (probably) while EU2 would stay current I&A on Altis.

Like I said, it`s waaaay to early to start discussing that.

What PERO said ^^

BiS will most definitely release more info before the release, and maybe put it on dev branch for testing as well. But it's still at least 4 months away, maybe even 10 months. So until they announce a definitive release date I doubt there will be any plans made for porting any mission.

However by running the map you also alianate those players who dont have the DLC. Best bet would be to run it on a seperate server, say EU1 is normal maps, EU2 is Tanoa. Same could be done for the modded, but it's a bit of a hassle.

If we do start using it in the map rotation for both EU1&2, and EU3 modded, then i guess i will have to buy the map dlc, cause i would hate to be unable to play due to missing a map. :(

Nothing about this can be said for certainty right now, but I agree the logical choice would be to run I&A Tanoa on a separate server (EU#2 most likely). As for modded, it will most likely be added to the map rotation. It would not be a good option to split the player base up, only to run a second modded server on Tanoa.