I&A questions

Andrews

Hey all, first, great version, just updated all my files to most recent version. Awesome!!

Much appreciated and great additions. I have some questions:

I have noticed friendly AI spawning near players for additional supports. Great!! How can I edit this. I cannot find that sqf. Would you be able to tell me? I wanted to edit the units that spawned. Reason being it spawns random vehicles to areas and I wanted to make it more realistic. So instead of sochers spawning in I wanted to use more MRAPs or others.

Could you tell me how DAC is now the spawner vs eos?

• [CHANGED] Main AO enemies now spawn using DAC

What is this? I dont see this

• [ADDED] Pancake to Spartan Program.

Where can I change this? I am using an edited version and my group doesnt use a mortar gunner.

• [ADDED] Mortar Gunner role has been added.
  • [CHANGED] Artillery Computer has been disabled for all players except for the Mortar Gunner.

Could you tell me how DAC is now the spawner vs eos?

• [CHANGED] Main AO enemies now spawn using DAC

EOS never spawned enemies at the main AO EOS is only used for spawning units at the destroy urban side objective. Also DAC is far superior to eos if you are willing to put in the time to leran how to use DAC zones.

What is this? I dont see this

For our internal use. Gives a member of our community the ability to use zues.

• [ADDED] Mortar Gunner role has been added.
  • [CHANGED] Artillery Computer has been disabled for all players except for the Mortar Gunner.

First remove the slot from in the editor. Second in the initPlayerLocal.sqf should be the last few lines. delete them to allow all players to use the artillery computer.

I have noticed friendly AI spawning near players for additional supports. Great!! How can I edit this. I cannot find that sqf. Would you be able to tell me? I wanted to edit the units that spawned. Reason being it spawns random vehicles to areas and I wanted to make it more realistic. So instead of sochers spawning in I wanted to use more MRAPs or others.

What? what friendly AI?

Hey Bacon, thanks guys for the input so far.

What friendly AI you ask. well may be its not your version than. I am using AISSP to spawn in random enemy AI for more patrols, reinforcements etc... However I am only using the enemy side of this, not blufor, so now since updating the files to most recent version, I have random blufor units spawning in at our base (armed heli's and other units for base supports and when were attacking the sm/AO we get more blufor supports delivered with transport heli's. Perhaps this is AISSP doing something crazy, but its very cool. This didn't start happening until this update so I figured it was something you guys added. weird. BUT it is adding some cool stuff fire fights with different units spawning around players. whats even more weird is AISSP only has enemy defined units to spawn not blufor or Ind. I will need to take another look here, BUT like I said AISSP is only set up for Opfor units to be used.

DAC is very cool. Your right, I started reading the 60+ pages to learn it, I just started last night so I would like to learn it more. And I know that eos didn't spawn at AO but SM, I have edited that too for different units, must of been typo.

Ohai, that means I act like some sort of moderator on the EU1 server, sorta.

I zap asshats that TK or fire in base and have a bit more clout behind what I say if someone's TK'ing and needing a kick or ban. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Since recent patch getting errors, ATM drop = "bad vehicle type", respawn death, fastropes error, pilotrespawn error.

};>
13:22:41   Error position: <};>
13:22:41   Error Missing {
13:22:41 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLIC.Altis\initPlayerLocal.sqf, line 104
13:22:41 Error in expression <unctions\fn_respawnPilot.sqf"

if (PARAMS_PilotRespawn == 0) exitWith {};

>
13:22:41   Error position: <PARAMS_PilotRespawn == 0) exitWith {};

>
13:22:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: params_pilotrespawn
13:22:41 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLIC.Altis\functions\fn_respawnPilot.sqf, line 7
13:22:41 Error in expression < "scripts\VAclient.sqf";                                        

if (PARAMS_HeliRope != 0) then {call compile>
13:22:41   Error position: <PARAMS_HeliRope != 0) then {call compile>
13:22:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: params_helirope
13:22:41 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLIC.Altis\initPlayerLocal.sqf, line 42

if (PARAMS_EnemiesInBuildings != 0) then {
_>
13:23:21   Error position: <PARAMS_EnemiesInBuildings != 0) then {
_>
13:23:21   Error Undefined variable in expression: params_enemiesinbuildings
13:23:21 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_A
AA_PUBLIC.Altis\functions\fn_AOenemy.sqf, line 267

Is this in the completely unchanged version from us, or have you updated it?

I havent changed the ATM, pilot respawn or fastropes. Keep in mind, prior to patch this worked with no problems with my added scripts. So far what I have errors are the above along with VAS black boxes, which tonic has already posted hot fix. ATM bad vehicle is error that pops when dropping in, respawn death is new as well. I will change the marker and see if its bugged. From what I have read, this patch messed some things up for Arma.

Anyone else have ideas from the above issues? My respawn is dead now, once a player respawns they have instant death, then respawns again and AI does not see them, you can stand in middle of them and they don't see you. Mission is broken.

The above issue will occur if the parameters (params_x) are not compiled properly for the client prior to running the code.

Should be a line at the top of initPlayerLocal.sqf which compileFinal's the paramsArray from description.ext (missionConfigFile).

If this is not being loaded on the client prior to any code which relies on paramsArray, you'll get a stack of errors similar to the above.

Hey guys,  I've tried to add another plane to the map, I've copied the existing code from the Buzzard but even a second buzzard of the same type will not respawn.  However, I've added a Blackfoot and it respawns OK.  How do I get to have an A10 and other aircraft to respawn?

Cheers

Ian 

The above issue will occur if the parameters (params_x) are not compiled properly for the client prior to running the code.

Should be a line at the top of initPlayerLocal.sqf which compileFinal's the paramsArray from description.ext (missionConfigFile).

If this is not being loaded on the client prior to any code which relies on paramsArray, you'll get a stack of errors similar to the above.

Although what your saying probably applies across the board. Keep in mind, I had NO ERRORS prior to BIS Patch. This is an update issue for 3rd party scripts, several scripts are now broken due to patch. I encourage Ahoy World to review these errors as I just ran the mission again last night and had same issues.

17:49:01   Error position: <};>

17:49:01   Error Missing {

17:49:01 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLICv1.Altis\initPlayerLocal.sqf, line 104

17:49:01 Error in expression <unctions\fn_respawnPilot.sqf"

if (PARAMS_PilotRespawn == 0) exitWith {};

>

17:49:01   Error position: <PARAMS_PilotRespawn == 0) exitWith {};

>

17:49:01   Error Undefined variable in expression: params_pilotrespawn

17:49:01 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLICv1.Altis\functions\fn_respawnPilot.sqf, line 7

17:49:01 Error in expression < "scripts\VAclient.sqf";                                        

if (PARAMS_HeliRope != 0) then {call compile>

17:49:01   Error position: <PARAMS_HeliRope != 0) then {call compile>

17:49:01   Error Undefined variable in expression: params_helirope

17:49:01 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLICv1.Altis\initPlayerLocal.sqf, line 42

17:49:01 Error in expression <os (getMarkerPos currentAO);} forEach ["aoCircle","aoMarker"];

"aoMarker" setMa>

17:49:01   Error position: <aoCircle","aoMarker"];

"aoMarker" setMa>

17:49:01   Error Missing ]

17:49:01 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLICv1.Altis\mission\main\region\regionSE.sqf, line 48

17:49:13 Error in expression <era is faulty and cannot be used"] call PO3_fnc_hints;

};

};

sleep 0.1;

};>

17:49:13   Error position: <PO3_fnc_hints;

};

};

sleep 0.1;

};>

17:49:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: po3_fnc_hints

17:49:13 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLICv1.Altis\scripts\no3rdperson\no3rdperson.sqf, line 48

17:49:15 Error in expression <700 && (_flatPos distance (getMarkerPos currentAO)) > 500) then {

_accepted = tr>

17:49:15   Error position: <currentAO)) > 500) then {

_accepted = tr>

17:49:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: currentao

17:49:15 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLICv1.Altis\mission\side\missions\HQcoast.sqf, line 33

17:49:21 Error in expression <700 && (_flatPos distance (getMarkerPos currentAO)) > 500) then {

_accepted = tr>

17:49:21   Error position: <currentAO)) > 500) then {

_accepted = tr>

17:49:21   Error Undefined variable in expression: currentao

17:49:21 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLICv1.Altis\mission\side\missions\HQcoast.sqf, line 33

17:49:25 Error in expression <700 && (_flatPos distance (getMarkerPos currentAO)) > 500) then {

_accepted = tr>

17:49:25   Error position: <currentAO)) > 500) then {

_accepted = tr>

17:49:25   Error Undefined variable in expression: currentao

17:49:25 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Invade_Annex_AAA_PUBLICv1.Altis\mission\side\missions\HQcoast.sqf, line 33