Out with the Old Hardware, in with the new. TECHIES HELP!

ETomcat

Right guys here's the lowdown,

Components in my PC are now 5 years old, I want to upgrade to a better spec. Got some nice dosh coming in soon Budget (£600). My current specs are:

AMD Phenom II X4 B50 @ 3.4GHZ

4GB 2133MHZ

Sapphire ATI 5850 1GB

AMD MOBO - M4A785tdv-evo

Basically, Arma isn't as good as it could be on a 24" monitor at 1920x1200 (averaging 20fps on medium graphics)...so i'm looking for some better stuff to get it >40fps with decent settings! Going to be keeping all of my case, PSU which is (650W) so i'm looking for some recommendations guys!

Want: Intel architecture 

Ideally 16GB

Pretty rad graphics, but obviously which will be alreet with the PSU wattage.

I once knew a lot about current hardware and what's the best, but that was a while ago! So someone with some current knowledge and that knows what hardware works well with arma I would appreciate it!

Food for thought, I'm also in the process of upgrading to Ultrasharp 30" for my photography which is 2560x1650 something! 

Thanks in advance!

ETomcat

Good luck maintaining 40 fps in ARMA 3 with any settings/spec. I consider my PC to be pretty good and I can barely hold 30 in the I & A servers when there is 20+ people on. If its mainly ARMA you will be playing I'd concentrate on a beastly cpu :D I'll leave recommendations for the more hardware-savy members of AW though.

cpu: intel 4670K £170

cooler: noctua NH-U9B £44

mobo: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate £75

gpu: MSI GTX 760 2GB £190

hdd: well you haven't mentioned any so this leaves you with £120 to play around with (use the existing hdd you have and get an ssd if you don't have one) otherwise get a better mobo, cpu (4770K) or gpu(GTX 770)

I forgot about ram ooopppsss!!!!!

use the £120 to get some ram yeah! hehe