Private Invade & Annex Server Setup

Coldfront15

After nearly 4/5 of a decade playing ArmA III, I have finally come back to play AhoyWorld. Though I always remember enjoying it and meeting helpful and positive people: there was always some missing features from the mission file. I really enjoy utilizing mods such as ACE, ACRE2, RHS and my own private ACE3 alterations (music player, rigger, etc.) It's all awesome.

After reading through the mission file and doing a lot of work yesterday, I have done the following:

• The units in the definitions, missions and functions.
  • The definitions for arsenal items and reward vehicles/items.
  • Made it ACE compatible with ammo handling, repair, medical, etc.

What's most bothersome for me right now is it all works perfectly well on my local and dedicated server: but I have a few issues that pop up:

• When utilizing the AdminTools scroll wheel option, I can still "access" the functions in-game, but I cannot see anything in my scroll menu, so it's a guessing game.
  • I'm unsure if I can move the base, and the same thing with FOBs. Not much in the mission files have directed me towards this. How do FOBs/Main Base work?

I appreciate it if anyone can help me out by pointing me towards the right file or a general area to look in, this mission file is very well developed and has been easy to work with so far, just a few things I don't know the work around. Also, I have script errors/devmode turned on and nothing pops up for the admintools error, and i've searched my RPT with nothing to give me a clue.

• FOBs are statically placed on the map, and hidden on mission start in initServer.sqf (line 24)
  • The FOB stuff is defined in \Defines\Main_AOs.hpp
  • Each AO in the config correlates to a map marker with the same name

That should hopefully point you in the right direction. It's too late to go into anymore details, but feel free to ask if you get stuck and we'll do our best to help you.

//Whigi

36 minutes ago, Coldfront15 said:

Thanks for the help. Can I add more vehicles to the ground selection outside of the five helis?

Yeah. For main base, just put them down where you want them, and run below code in the init line of the vehicle,

[this, <timer>, <base>] spawn AW_fnc_vBasemonitor;

where <timer> is the time (in seconds) for the vehicle to respawn when destroyed, and <base> is the what base the vehicle belongs to (marker name, real name looked up in Main_AOs.hpp).

For F.O.B vehicles, there's an array in Main_AOs.hpp under each FOB:

vehicles[] = {
    {"JET_CAP", "term_jet1", 1800},
    {"HELI_LCAS", "term_heli1", 900},
    {"HELI_MED", "term_heli2", 300},
    {"O_Heli_Transport_04_black_F", "term_heli3", 300},
    {"HELI_MED", "term_heli4", 300},
    {"HELI_MED", "term_heli5", 300},
    {"ARMOR_IFV", "term_veh1", 900},
    {"CAR_MRAP", "term_veh2", 120},
    {"CAR_MRAP", "term_veh3", 120},
    {"CAR_MRAP", "term_veh4", 120},
    {"CAR_MRAP", "term_veh5", 120},
    {"CAR_LSV", "term_veh7", 60},
    {"CAR_LSV", "term_veh9", 60},
    {"CAR_LSV", "term_veh8", 60},
    {"CAR_LSV", "term_veh10", 60},
    {"C_Van_02_medevac_F", "term_veh11", 300},
    {"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_black_F", "term_pod1", 900},
    {"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_black_F", "term_pod2", 900},
    {"Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_repair_black_F", "term_pod3", 900}
};

Format is {<vehicle_type>, <spawn_marker>, <respawn_timer>},

where <vehicle_type> is a classname, or a predifined category (\Functions\Vehicle\fn_vehicleLookup.sqf),

<spawn_marker> is a marker (and direction) where the vehicle should spawn,

and <respawn_timer> is, you guessed it, the time in seconds the vehicle will respawn when destroyed.

Have a look at the mission in the editor and it will make more sense.

//Whigi

• 2 weeks later...

It's certainly not impossible, you're gonna need to change \Missions\Main\SubObj.sqf and probably all sub objectives to get it to work though.  Biggest problem probably is that they all use the same marker, so you're gonna have to change it that it spawns its own marker.  

Ah, thank you. I've also noticed some optics are just removed from playersonce they fire, but they have access to it in the arsenal and it's clearly defined. This happens only a few optics, but I double checked and they are in the right place from my previous times setting this up

7 hours ago, Coldfront15 said:

Ah, thank you. I've also noticed some optics are just removed from playersonce they fire, but they have access to it in the arsenal and it's clearly defined. This happens only a few optics, but I double checked and they are in the right place from my previous times setting this up

I'm guessing these are modded scopes of which a 3d, 2d and pip version exists?  If so you have to whitelist all of those.

7 hours ago, Coldfront15 said:

I'm also not sure that the reg priority missions are spawning, just sub objective and side missions. 

Prio objectives will only spawn once there's like 7 infantry connected

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, thanks for the help over the past few months. Recently after restarting our own I&A server we've noticed the AI take 5-7 bullets before going down. In local hosts and in singleplayer we've noted the enemy type and our caliber of weapons should kill them in 2 hits, etc... I have looked through the scripts and cannot find if there is a damage handler or multiplier to AI health. Can someone explain why this is happening?

I've also run into the issues of reward vehicles despawning whilst at base.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried changing up the objectives to fit a WWII atmosphere a bit better, but a lot of objects and units are out of place even though I have recorded their position in relation to the origin object and their height in relation to terrain level. Anyone have a work around for this? This is for the comms subobjective, but same problem with Command subobj

107410_20220224213250_1.thumb.png.3b7c9820c081c64501e8a7a3f8d7defc.png