I&A3 Event Idea: End Game - aka - All Your Base Belong to Us

JJ Cakes

Question

I've never seen a situation where we have all the FOBs and from what I understand there is an actual end-game if we complete all the missions.  I don't know what happens, probably we all get nuked. :D

So here is my dumb/brilliant idea:  We have an event that runs on a weekend day, we hype it and try and get the server full right from server restart and maybe try and coordinate so the really early/late slots are full, but the idea is we want all slots full for the event.  We could try and see if the Arma3 Twitter account would boost the event and isn't there some popular Arma podcast we could pitch this to?  It seems like a fun way to try and get the community together for a common cause and see if we can actually beat I&A3, and since Invade & Annex is at least semi well known, get some free advertisement that Ahoy is where I&A was born and maybe get some new players.

What inspired this idea is the motorsports endurance race where drivers/crew/etc... take stints to try and get their car over the finish line first.  It would be an endurance race... of murder!

There's probably all sorts of other fun ideas that could be incorporated into this, but I'll leave that to the AW community if anyone thinks this idea has merit.  But really, I think it would be fun to try and band together to beat I&A3.  Nothing would make me happier than being unable to find a open slot for this event as long as someone streamed it.

6 answers to this question

Still catching up on my historical reading on this forum and found this little gem of an idea. Worthy of a reply to bring it attention once again. Not sure if there were discussions elsewhere around this but if not certainly material for a community meeting imo.

5 hours ago, Damo3D said:

Still catching up on my historical reading on this forum and found this little gem of an idea. Worthy of a reply to bring it attention once again. Not sure if there were discussions elsewhere around this but if not certainly material for a community meeting imo.

US time difference means I can't make the community meetings, but feel free to bring it up to see if the idea has any traction.

This was discussed in the last community meeting and in a short summary, all that were there seem to support it. I guess it would be about getting a gameplan together, having Zeus available, wrangle up some promo ideas and so on. So hey Ahoy, jump onboard and lets get EU1 maxed!

Spoiler

1994225248_OPFALCON.thumb.jpg.9730287cb5c603f59e0c7ba6a1924744.jpg

This is just a teaser, all suggestions welcome.

I would have thought that all that is required would be to not reset the server on a Saturday/Sunday night, especially if it was a holiday weekend.  Someone mentioned the other day that we held all the FOBs but I don't know what the % progress was.

This topic came up in TS recently and checking out the thread @OcUK-Timo
that is a nice suggestion. Maybe can discuss with staff sometime see if this a simple setting. Not sure when would be a suitable holiday to suit the majority of player base.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:33 PM, Damo3D said:

This topic came up in TS recently and checking out the thread @OcUK-Timo
that is a nice suggestion. Maybe can discuss with staff sometime see if this a simple setting. Not sure when would be a suitable holiday to suit the majority of player base.

Not sure why I only just noticed the notification of you tagging me @Damo3D :D
I just realised the time to have done this would have been at the start of the conflict in Ukraine as the server was maxed for a week or so back then.  Not so many on these days, but it's still something I support doing.