Wibbler Helicopter Transport Scenario + RHS-BAF

JJ Cakes

Scenario update on Steam.

I believe I have the bug fixed where soldiers would get back in the helicopter after you drop them off breaking the mission.  They're no longer deleted on landing.  After hopefully figuring this out I don't know how the scenario worked in the first place.  Tested in MP and SP and so far so good.  If @Bomer or @Schubz would be so kind to give it a try, much appreciated.

The LZ Radius parameter in MP wasn't used, the radius was hard-coded and this is fixed.  Fixes the bug where if a squad spawned close enough to the airfield at scenario start the LZ would get marked as completed and you'd lose the waypoint to go pick them up.

@Damo3D has reported he can't get the latest version of the scenario and I have the problem where even though I'm subscribed I get the old one if I run it through the "Scenarios" menuitem in SP/MP and not from the editor.  Since the original was deleted by Steam there's no unsubscribe so I need to figure out where the old scenario lives on HD (probably using the scenario ID which I don't know now) as to advise how to kill it with fire.  On the list...

Outstanding bugs:  There's a bug where the scenario just stops working after awhile and I believe I know the cause, if I'm correct it happens when a soldier who has already boarded the helicopter gets killed before the rest of the team gets in.  Will need some AW SQF Gods help with the SQF syntax to fix this.

you could try to set a custom state tracking variable, checking for the crew seats

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/fullCrew

crew is only the pilot, bird is empty...more than 1 crew, bird is ready to drop off. once you set your variable no need to check again, so even if all of em gets killed along the way, you complete the dropoff reading your variable and switching it back, just dont forget to reset (more like initialize on spawn) it when player dies

I think it's fixed, a hard landing gave me a clue what was happening: (Read somewhere in the docs that AI won't get in inoperative vehicles if ordered to do so)

The squad was getting the Get In command after being ejected from the helicopter and it turned out a script "loadSquad.sqf" was getting called when it shouldn't.  Found out a  global state variable "ferrying" was getting stepped on.  Did 4 or 5 trips and the AI behaved so fingers crossed that issue is put to bed.

On 4/26/2022 at 7:23 PM, JJ Cakes said:

Outstanding bugs:  There's a bug where the scenario just stops working after awhile and I believe I know the cause, if I'm correct it happens when a soldier who has already boarded the helicopter gets killed before the rest of the team gets in.  Will need some AW SQF Gods help with the SQF syntax to fix this.

Just tested by uhmm... making the first unit to board the helicopter get real sleepy, and the mission still worked, so what I thought was a bug was not.

@JJ Cakes Have completed 10 LZ's, all passengers embarked and disembarked without issue. Have ACE loaded and refuel and rearm interactions both work on trucks on Airfield. However if I respawn it keeps putting me not on the Airfield where initial spawn is. Looking forward to 1-0-3 version 🙂

Arma3_x64 2022-04-29 01-53-15.png

20220429021403_1.jpg

20220429021629_1.jpg

Ahh, now I understand what's going on.  In the scenario your character is set as invincible and if you totally destroy a helicopter it should automatically respawn you and the helo back at base.  Now there's issues with this like if you lose your main rotor to a tree on landing and you repair the helo but the tree keeps destroying the main rotor.

I'll take a look and see if I can fix this, but the workaround is to just restart the mission if something goes sideways, it's not like you're losing any progress.

And thanks for helping me test the scenario!  I went through half a tank of gas on the Blackhawk and the AI behaved the entire time so hopefully that's fixed.

If anyone is having problems running the updated mission since the Steam incident, locally host a new multiplayer mission on Altis and you should see the mission available in there.  Thanks to @Damo3D for figuring that out, I'd just been looking in SP scenarios and not seeing it.

Hey JJ, just tested the current iteration. Works like a charm. Thanks! So much fun. You see the haze/fog in the pic although view distance is 4000 m? Might be the old Arma glitch. Looks like everything is fine. Again... Thank you! (Edit: Forget about the fog, gone after restart) 

20220430015913_1.jpg

Edited by Schubz

There might be a problem with Respawn (respawned in the middle of nowhere even after exit and restart mission). So after you got shot down by AA the Heli respawn at base, pilot is uncon and if you choose Respawn from Menu you respawn at crash site... had to go back to Arma menu and restart mission from there (Was pointed out by @Damo3D already kind of...)

@Schubz I assume you're running ACE since you said you went unconscious?  It's weird because you should be invincible but I'm not sure how ACE works with that, I didn't anticipate people running ACE.

I think I just need to make sure there's a respawn point for BLUFOR and that the ammo truck works whether you have ACE running or not.  I know the fuel truck works without ACE interact.

And thanks for the feedback!

Version 1.0.3 is up, and once again I killed the previous mission on Steam so there's a new link in the first post.  At least I know what causes it, it's if I press "Enter" 2X in the change log window in Steam.  That's some good design.

Object view distance is now set by the View DIstance parameter which seems to help with distance haze.

All helos now have an explosive charge in inventory,  RESPAWN doesn't work, if you want to use a new helo just blow up the current one and you'll be transported back to the airfield.

ACE isn't supported, expect bugs if you have it loaded.

Yeah, starting this mission with ACE loaded was kinda dumb, ... Frontline ModSet to have all the choppers available. 🤦‍♂️
Anyways... Played tonight (with the recommended mods) and it feels like PERFECTION. JJ Cakes - great work! Thank you! 👌