Wibbler Helicopter Transport Scenario + RHS-BAF

JJ Cakes

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Updated version available here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y05RpQpgMDPIYJC0FfPg7DqVHgejj6M6/view?usp=sharing

Change log:

* Added Vanilla Blackfish and X'ian VTOLs.  They're by the big runway so you have room to do rolling takeoffs/landings.

* Fixed HT48 so it is repairable and respawns on destruction

* Added around 30 new LZs.  (Did this awhile ago, never released.)

Reminder:

If you start this as a multiplayer scenario there is a "PARAMETERS" option in the upper right corner where you can adjust things like time-of-day, chance of AA, chance of hot LZ, size of LZ and smoke/chemlights.

Check the main post, the scenario has been hosted on Steam and those 6 vanilla choppers have been added to the scenario.  Let me know if any of them are bugged.  And by "bugged" I mean they can't be repaired using the scrollwheel option or they don't respawn if you crash them.  (I didn't try and fix the bugs in the original scenario)

• 1 month later...

After extracting/inserting 3 to 4 LZ`s no more LZ's come up. Played it 5 times with different choppers so far with the same outcome. Sometimes got an infantry man on board who shouldn't be there. MP version with default settings

OK, if anyone better at scripting than me (everyone) cares to help, this is what I've found out:

In Eden, if you double click on the pilot, you'll see that there's 103 LZ's in the call to initPlayer.sqf which ends up in _lzCount and that matches the count of all the LZ's I've put down.

In createObj.sqf I was debugging using "hint" lzLoc, and when the scenario quits working, I get no debug for that variable.  That's called from landingComplete.sqf and I don't see anywhere it would exit without calling createObj.sqf.  I get the message "Landing Complete" from landingComplete.sqf, but I don't get the hint for lzLoc, it's like it's not getting called.

I did this launching the scenario in multiplayer, and I turned off  hot LZ's and AA threat and the scenario bugs out after 2 or 3 landings.

Obviously you'll need to unpack the PBO if you want to help with this, and sorry for sucking at Arma SQF. :D

Important Read!!!

I somehow messed up and created a new scenario and ended up deleting the previous one on Steam, so the new subscribe link is in the first post.  You can unsubscribe from the old one and subscribe to the new version.

I think the scenario is "fixed", I noticed that the AI were hopping back in the chopper shortly after insert which I think was screwing up the mission and this was happening in both single and multiplayer.  I tried setting "allowGetIn" to false on all the AI but same thing.  So now they get deleted on successful insertion.  I didn't touch that code, but yeah, Arma.

As per @Bomer I added an ammo truck at the main AO. 

If @Schubz would be so kind, would you give this latest iteration a try?

Oh, I didn't notice that somehow.  That might be a clue as to what is borked with the original mission.  Midnight sent me some crazy SQF debugging video by Dred Miller and I'm working on getting my setup working with that.  You can connect Microsoft Code to a running instance of Arma using a couple Arma mods.

Here's the link for anyone interested:

OK, tried a bunch of fixes for the AI getting out of the helo to no avail, so they still get deleted. Added a new parameter "View Distance" so if you launch in MP you don't have to deal with the "Fog of war".

Still issues (Damo thanks for your help) for people who subscribed to the previous mission and can't update (Steam bullshittery?) and am looking into it.

There's a new version of the mission on Steam, I tried some suggestions by Whigital and Midnight to keep the cargo from getting back in the helicopter but no luck so they still get deleted on landing.

Added a new parameter to MP "View Distance" so you can get rid of the limited view distance haze in MP.

Ok, tested it. LZ spawning looks fixed. But Passengers not spawning after 1st to 2nd landing LZ's. Flew alone from LZ to LZ. (which is kinda ok actually...)

4 hours ago, JJ Cakes said:

new version of the mission on Steam, I tried some suggestions by Whigital and Midnight to keep the cargo from getting back in the helicopter but no luck so they still get deleted on landing.

Did you update the link to mission in first post? (have problems updating my own missions currently) 

Nice new LZ's btw, love these...

Yeah, I updated the mission in the first post but for people who downloaded the first one something weird is going on because Steam deleted the first one so there's no way to unsubscribe from it.  So now I have that to deal with. :(

I think I might know what was wrong with the first iteration of the mission but it requires refactoring some code to fix it which I've started on.

And thanks for the feedback Shubz!