V44-X Blackfish: All You Need To Know

Mattadee

Hey guys

Recently in the EU2 server which now features the awesome landscape of Tanoa, someone very kindly added the new V44-X Blackfish VTOL aircraft. However despite being very new, shiny, and lets be honest, really awesome to see being used, I've seen a couple of people struggle to operate this powerful new aircraft. To aid these individuals in their endeavours, I've pieced together a short video guide on how to fly this thing effectively. And by short I mean 3 minutes long. I hope you all enjoy it and take full advantage of this amazing new aircraft!

If you like my video and found it helpful, please give it a thumbs up so that other budding new pilots can find it in Youtube search results!
Happy flying :)

Mattadee

Nice and informative for the folk out there.

A thing to remember with the VTOL is it isn't designed for quick drops or any style of flying that you'd be familiar with in say, a Ghosthawk. It's designed for MASS travel or cargo and more tailored to landing in less hot zones, preferably where it ISN'T going to take fire so it leaves you with plenty of time to land, which you definitely need when landing this thing in areas on Tanoa.

A cool machine indeed, did a couple of fly arounds earlier with this thing but now I'm just waiting for Bohemia to add in-flight autopilot to fly aircraft from A - B and also to loiter around AO's which would be IMMENSELY useful for the gunship variant of the Blackfish.

Yeah, had some good drops using this beauty.

Some passengers weren't too happy though. Took a hit on approach, but nothing to worry about as it didn't even cause any noticeable damage, and they started squealing about me being too close and going to get them killed. So I touched down at the location I was heading to and then the same people started whining that it was over 1km from the mission and they had to walk all the way there.

If you're going to do drops with this thing, DO NOT listen to your passengers complaints...
Get your THICK SKIN coat and expect people to moan.

As Sniper said, it is best to just ignore what your passengers are complaining about. This thing isn't supposed to do an close insertion to the mission, if you plan to do that. Rather pick the smaller aircraft, such as Ghost hawk. Blackfish was designed to transport large group of people or vehicles to the objective, but not close enough so you can get shot down due to it's huge size, that's an easy thing to accomplish. As well due to that, it isn't easy thing to fly at all. I highly recommend trying to do some quick insertions in the editor or arsenal, before you take it on the actual server as it could end up in a horrifying crash.

But in my opinion, it is one of the few aircraft that is extremely fun to fly. Just have to know how to properly take it's advantages and disadvantages.