A3 Visual Upgrade

Zak

Can't really complain about improvements even if they're small, especially considering it's a pretty good looking game to begin with.

I'll have to see the changes for myself in-game before I can really decide how much I like it, I find it really hard to judge it from a few screenshots.

I think the most impressive change here is what they've done with the water, it looks incredible.

Call me sceptical, but from what I can see 

from the screens they've applied a few ReShade / SweetFX tweaks to the lighting & contrasts, make is nice & bright to look at it is the Mediterranean after all

Pros

turned down the view distance & added a haze at long range (should reduce the render process a bit) + for fps 

Murrkied the waters (reduce the under water render & view distancea bit) + for fps 

Cons

Undo all the FPS +'s by adding a mirror render reflections to water surface -for fps (huge fps dump)

to quote "Speaking of which, in terms of performance, the new lighting configuration itself should have have no impact; however, terrains with a lot of shoreline may be slightly impacted, due to the new approach to rendering water on the coast. Although we expect the new Screen Space Reflections tech will be more demanding"

We'll see maybe good 

top Sweet FX off (default graphics)

bottom Sweet FX on

now add in some haze and your golden :D

post-1918-0-36631200-1460500921_thumb.pn

post-1918-0-07775200-1460500939_thumb.pn

post-1918-0-56529500-1460500952_thumb.pn

post-1918-0-98463200-1460500966_thumb.pn

Undo all the FPS +'s by adding a mirror render reflections to water surface -for fps (huge fps dump)

to quote "Speaking of which, in terms of performance, the new lighting configuration itself should have have no impact; however, terrains with a lot of shoreline may be slightly impacted, due to the new approach to rendering water on the coast. Although we expect the new Screen Space Reflections tech will be more demanding"

They did say you can disable SSR, so hopefully you can save yourself some frames if it isn't worth it and still be sitting with a few FPS +'s ;)

• 3 weeks later...