Gamenight 1. August

kennychr

I lost my internet as well just as the game night started up and had my game crash multiple times trying to load back up and with me feeling sick I just gave up :|

...loads of people had issues with radios & there was nobody willing to do Platoon Command...

Was I the only one who had applied for platoon command? Bad luck.

As for the radios, was there many new people on the server? If so, we may have made a bad impression. :(

Well, a lot of people stuck for a regular map. But something I do notice is that there are a lot of new people who have no experience with the radios and take important slots and end up being unable to communicate to. I've dealt with a lot of pilots in a single day as FAC who didn't respond or didn't even have their radios set up.

I know a lot of people hate the idea of popups for information on the server, but considering how many new people have joined, and what a terrible first impression it makes if nothing goes right because, from their point of view, no one is on comms, I think it may be necessary.

I liked this gamenight a lot, the loadouts were lovely, thank you.

How could I have been overlooking the the ELCAN SPECTER scope, so far? It is definitely the superior scope for the SCAR, now using it on all my loadouts that use the SCAR rifles and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. It's NVG compatible and has two modes of magnification.

I was the ALPHA 1 rifleman, who got delegated the SQL at the airfield.

After ALPHA 1 had finished clearing the airfield without casualties in the team, I was quite keen on continuing the mission. We had the possibility, enough working vehicles and ammo. However the fellow fighters around me were frustrated and wanted to end the mission, so far I'm not aware why exactly.

The map markers ahead were looking quite interesting to me.

Apart from what I was reading here and what I was overhearing in some heated chatter from the fellow fighters who couldn't handle the game during the gamenight itself - from my perspective the inability was related to the radio, comms discipline and the efforts needed for the coordinated movement of the teams - I didn't have a single issue with my loadout or my radio. Also I didn't perceive any issue in the entire ALPHA 1 team.

I hope you will consider giving this mission another chance..

As far as I know the mission was going to be fixed and re-done on a later date to fix some of the issues. The loadouts were okay, but an odd bug caused me to spawn with NATO gear. Also, the convoy didn't go too well as the last thing I saw was our truck doing a summersault before exploding. Convoy discipline really needs some rehearsal.

Oh yeah, that's good to read it's going to being replayed.

Okay, I thought these NATO guys mixed with the SF apron guys, which I was one of, was an intended twist.

I saw that flipping technical in front of us. It's unfortunate you were among the casualties. It reminded me of the Gauntlet supply truck mission going awry without good reasons. Sad.

On the other hand, the amount of times I was asked by random fellow fighters, how they can open their radio configuration interface and similar telltale questions, I'm surprised we got that far at all.