New GRID game coming June!

Danny_S

So Codemasters have announced a new GRID game is coming in June! It's going to be called "GRID Autosport" and will be a blend of the recent arcade racer GRID 2 but mostly the old TOCA games from back in the day!

They mention they are going back to a more authentic racing/handling experience than the recent games and personally I can't wait to see more on this! :D

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/04/introducing-grid-autosport/

I know some of us have started playing GRID 2 together so this section could be interesting....

"Powered by RaceNet you’ll be able to join with friends to form Racing Clubs and race under team colours against other clubs in the community."

Oh and one more thing.... COCKPIT VIEW!

Sounds good loved the original TOCA before they started messing up the physics in 2 and subsequent games

Was playing a bit of Grid last night to check it out its fun and all but whats the story with power sliding making you go faster, that's just weird and hard to get used to after playing proper racing sims

I've never had a problem with GRID 2 really, yes there are some pretty silly issues but as something to play for a bit of fun it's good. 

Looking forward to this new one though!

Grid 2 was one of worst AAA racing games ever made. Compered to Grid 1 it is utter shit. It might have been fun, but not on the level of Codemasters. You need to compare this to Forza and GT. Not simulation wise, but quality wise. I really hope they are going back to the roots. Looks like they are going to. So I am exited! 

Yeah if they can make it a crossbreed of Fortza's (that t people use anoys me) :) / GT' garage and a decent / simple photoshop livery editor and any of the SimBin titles physics wise it'll be excellent, at the moment GTR2 & Race room are my favourite racers, Acetto Corsa is catching up but needs some more tweaking in the physics imo the cars seem to be a bit floaty and spin happy

Just to clarify, the new GRID will not be a simulator, it will be a few steps closer to that side of things than the Race Driver games but by no means will it be a Racing Sim. There is a Eurogamer video which explains some things pretty well...

Difficult for me to compare to GT and Forza as I have only played GT5 (Which I didn't enjoy) and never played any Forza game. 

Ah, looks like the fun police are already on scene. GRID 2 definitely has some issues, all but 1 doesn't affect gameplay and that one just baits hilarity.

It's a fun game and when the fun police clock off they might actually enjoy it, even if they refuse to admit it.

I'm not looking for a racing sim at all, but I really didn't like GRID 2's super arcadey-feel, especially with those weird drift-type races and the like. From that video, it does look like the new GRID is much less arcadey, but definitely not a race-sim, which sounds pretty great. 

Definitely liking the cockpit view too, and more proper motorsport!