[suggestion] Nato and Russian weapons mod

Sami

Question

It would be really cool if you guys added this mod to the servers. Small arms are the one thing Arma 3 lacks.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

• NATO SF Weapons:
    • - M4A1, M4A1 M203, M4A1 AG36 standard, desert , woodland and CQB versions
      - HK416, HK416 M203, HK416 AG36 standard, desert , woodland and CQB versions
      - M16, M16 M203 standard versions
      - HK417, SR25, M24 standard, desert and woodland versions
      - M107 standard, desert and woodland versions
      - M249 standard, desert and woodland versions
      - MK48(placeholder, it is just a bigger M249) standard, desert and woodland versions
      - M240 black
      - MP5A5 standard, desert and woodland versions, MP5SD6 with underwater version
      - Beretta M9, Glock 17, USP, ACP.
  • Spetsnaz GRU Weapons:
  • - AK74M, AK74M GL standard and camo versions
    - AKS74, AKS74 GL versions
    - AKMS, AKMS GL standard and camo versions
    - AKM, AKM GL versions
    - SVD
    - KSVK standard and camo versions
    - RPK
    - PKM
    - Zastava M70s , M72 and M91
    - AK74U standard and camo versions
    - Makarov.

icgt_4.jpg

39hf_4.jpg

21 answers to this question

Whilst I would love this, as well as various other weapon mods out there, in I&A, it probably won't happen.

But the ACRE server perhaps? :)

Would be good to test it out there. I think people would start downloading it after people started talking about it on the server.

This weapon mod was suggested earlier and it did not pass because of many reasons.

First reason I posted before: Client MUST have it in order to play

Second reason: Security reasons

Third reason: Bugs/Client crashes

and so on...

It would be a good idea for ACRE server because it is private server and you need to have ACRE installed in order to play.

In addition, some people don't know how to install mods on a PC.

I agree this would be great on the ACRE server, people not knowing how to install mods wouldn't be a problem then because they would have already done it for ACRE. Only thing is we would have to go back to putting a password on the server.

It's a possibility for the ACRE server, more mods means more potential issues though. I'd wait for a more involved A3 CS member though.

If we do integrate we need to create our own mod-pack (with all the mods we run in it) and have it constantly updated so there's a one stop shop as it were.

Other then having the mods load with the mission file download at server join, i think that's possible but would involve a large dl (depending on number of mods loaded with the mission) before going to the lobby and not sure if that would create server stress / lag by joining players 

but once a stable set of mods is decided on and to save typing cramp when entering the parameter line you can create one folder for all your mods / addons

for example (ACRE not included)

I have 1 folder called @ahoy1 inside of which i have an addons foler in this are all the .pbo's & .bisign files for any addons & mods i run while on the server 

so my startup parameter line is short for example  -nobenchmark -mods=@cba_a3;@ahoy1;@acre etc etc 

so on ACRE it loads up JSRS, JSRS2, Weapons resting, STHud, F18, and a few others from the one file / parameter