Hello fellas!

destiny

Hey!

Probably alot of you have already got to know me in the game but now its time for the official introduction :)

My name is Idan Ishi, I'm 24, from Israel, I served in the IDF for 3.8 years, the first 3 years I've spent in the 53rd "Sufa/Storm" Armor Battalion, then I signed a contract with the IDF for another 8 months to be in a experimental medical unit, after I've done my full service and was released from duty with honour as Chief Sergeant I was assinged to a reserve paratroopers battalion which I'm still active on.

As for my civilian life, I'm working in a factory that makes healthy dog food from raw meat and I have a 8 months old blue-nose pitbull that I'm sure some of you have already heard (was forced to use PTT over TS cause of it), and I'm together with my girlfriend for almost 4 years now as well.

About ArmA, I purchased the game only a week ago and immediatly joined modded EU3, still learning stuff about the game but I got the main idea since day 1 I believe.. didn't spend time on the forums as I should have cause I'm more of a "Do-er", prefer to play and learn on the go, after all, it's just a game.. :)

I'm not a big fan of fighting AI cause its not that competitive for me since I'm a competitive gamer, I've been playing FPS games since 2003, played in big online teams and took part in major tournaments in games like W:ET, CS series and CoD series, I prefer the PvP action but something about the teamwork and organization before and during a mission is attracting me.. thats why I'm playing alot in BF2:PR mod, which is kinda the same but its just PvP, 50 vs 50 players.. started in 2007 and playing it till this day, they even made a PR mod for ArmA 2 and 3 but it didn't go well, now they released a game called Squad but again, its not as polished as the BF2 mod.. anyway.. I'm also a big fan of football and I'm playing FIFA alot, going to tournaments as well :)

So yeah, this is me.. if you got any questions you're welcomed to ask me and also you can add me on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/ishiidan :-)

(Adding pictures of me, my dog and my setup)

post-4744-0-54924800-1452345159_thumb.jp

post-4744-0-47479800-1452345182_thumb.jp

post-4744-0-11306400-1452345199_thumb.jp

Holy crap that setup! Makes my single 30-odd inch TV screen look like a joke compared to that lot!

I do remember you from the other day though on EU3 when you and me were medics, you did a great job on the bandage front but just remember, if someone is low on blood - give them Plasma (or blood if you are at a hospital), if they have a high blood pressure - give them saline (very rare situation). ;)

If you have any further questions on medic work, I'm happy to help.

Cute Pitbull by the way!

Holy crap that setup! Makes my single 30-odd inch TV screen look like a joke compared to that lot!

It might just look good but its pretty bad.. I'm running ArmA 3 on very low settings and my FPS is around 25-30, if we're inside towns it gets worst.. like 15.. really unplayable.. I somehow manage to play with it tho.. really taking alot out of the game atmosphere.. :(

If there's a nice configuration for better FPS while keeping a good visual including range and grass, I'd like that.. I'm not familiar with the engine

If there's a nice configuration for better FPS while keeping a good visual including range and grass, I'd like that.. I'm not familiar with the engine

Try lowering your render distance, particularly for infantry as you don't need to see super far when your boots on the ground.

Other than that, I can't really think of many ways of increasing FPS, Arma's optimization is pretty crap.

Very nice introduction, don't think I've seen one this extended before.
So on the formal introduction; I would like to give you a formal warm welcome to the AhoyWorld community  :D 

On the FPS.. Arma *ugh* --> Modded *Urghgghhh*

Although, what I can tell you is that on a new gamemode that's being developed for the modded server the FPS appeared much better during the test rounds we had.

See you around.