Question about IA Behavior

Hi,

i m running I&A since a while now. I customize the mission for my group and our tastes.

But since the arma update, i notice the IA from AO have got a strange behavior.

They are moving outside the main to go to the base.

I never see it before may be because the change i have made neutralize this behavior. But i m not sure. :)

Is it a normal behavior for IA (mission made like this) or it occur since arma update (V1.42) ?

Mission version used is 2.82

Greats.

Mission is using DAC script to spawn enemies, the script itself changes the AI behavior as well.

New AI modifications + DAC = human-like behavior (possible reaction after the update, not tested it myself yet).

Are you running any special mods that alter AI, like ASR AI or something similar? If not, then its just the combination between DAC and new AI system.

For more info about DAC (includes Readme, toturials, showcases), download it @ Armaholic (be aware, the script version is used, not the addon). Be careful that you won`t break any spawning scripts.

Hi Pero,

Thanks for answer.

I DL DAC yet to know how i could modify it but i did nothing on it.

I do not use any mod and i do not modify in depth the mission (only some scripts added for players but not for IA)

Can you check on Ahoy Servers if it is the same ? (if you have time of course ! :) )

Because if IA leave AO objective it become easiest to take AO

(just need to destroy the tower then it is over because all IA -or almost all- are outside the red marker)

Best regards.

DAC despawns and spawns AIs when you leave the area or re-enter it. If you have modified the slots in anyway and renamed them, that could be it. You have to define units with their names (default= s1,s2,....,uavOperator). If they are not, the script will not recognize that some players re-entered the area and will not spawn AIs.

The file defining that is find in missionname/DAC/DAC_Config_Creator.

Do they actually leave the area or are they just not there?

DAC despawns and spawns AIs when you leave the area or re-enter it. If you have modified the slots in anyway and renamed them, that could be it. You have to define units with their names (default= s1,s2,....,uavOperator). If they are not, the script will not recognize that some players re-entered the area and will not spawn AIs.

The file defining that is find in missionname/DAC/DAC_Config_Creator.

Yes, this is what i did it and it works good. ;)

Do they actually leave the area or are they just not there?

They are spawning, no problem about it, but they leave AO to move to the base (1st the vehicule and in second time infantery). This is this behavior which is not usual !  :huh:

- Seems they stop moving to the base when players are on/near AO. (to confirm)

- Joke mod : may be they are boring to wait players !! :P

- Joke mod : may be they are boring to wait players !! :P

This could be the case, it has happened in Arma 2 as well, but I haven`t seen that in Arma 3 yet. I`ll see if that happens on our server as well. I have notice enemies patrol outside the the area, I don`t know exactly if DAC zones are same size as AO is (devs probably know that better).

(sry for the double post)

It seems the problem is still present. :huh:

The IA keep moving outside AO but not specially to the base.

Take a look to the screenshot,  IA are clearly deserting and not patroling inside !! (should be executed ! lol)

a3-aw-ia.jpg