Rebranding the derivative mission

Ahoy,

Do you guys mind if we modified the mission title in our fork from a simple "I & A [edit by oursite.com]" to a complete or partial rename akin to, for example, "Rusky Annex" – as a wordplay in homage to the original, simultaneously and with a bit of self-irony highlighting the underlying l10n effort and our target audience.

To clarify, the idea here is not a full-blown re-branding attempt—not going to treat the source material as a white-label product—rather, more of a modification to our current co-branding approach in use.

Here is our current loading screen to demonstrate the proposed changes:

rebranding.png

Obviously, your original credits, as found in the briefing, description, diary and other files authored by you, will remain unaltered in our version. We already do and will always provide a clear attribution of the mission's lineage in README of our repository and in summary to the official game server running it. So it's unlikely there will ever by any confusion as to who did what.

Please let us know what you think,

-T.

Understood.

By the way, do any of you know Quicksilver's address in the form of a BIS forum profile or perhaps even a personal website? Would be nice to have a link to his online presence, for our documentation and other sources where we mention authors.

Understood.

By the way, do any of you know Quicksilver's address in the form of a BIS forum profile or perhaps even a personal website? Would be nice to have a link to his online presence, for our documentation and other sources where we mention authors.

PMed.

The gamemode and initial creative design are all Jack Williams [Rareks] work, with inspiration from earlier Domination gamemodes (such as Xeno A2 domination). AW is the core I&A community, though most of my part in the development occurred on the backs of an Australian community (allfps.com.au) which I am no longer affiliated with as of June. If familiar with development process, it is the players and community that bear the brunt of development, and do all the play-testing and endure all the ups and downs.

I feel it is important that you mention Jack Williams is the primary author above all, and at least provide a general mention for the AW and allFPS communities for aiding and being there through thick and thin of the dev process. Without the players, none of it is possible and there would only be broken scenario.

Also a mention for AW core staff for keeping I&A as a friendly experience for players and other editing communities alike, that is no easy feat.

I do not need a mention, though it is up to you. If you are going to have my name there, please de-couple it from any mention of allFPS, I am not associated with them for 6 months :)

JMO

As for the loading screen image and text. Most communities like to personalize this stuff and edit the author line. I suppose it is frowned upon, although I blame BIS for not taking better care of server owners/communities on that loading screen. There should be a line like the author line, except for server/community admins and staff. Its a lot of work to maintain a mission and understandably everyone wants their stuff up front haha. That loading screen is a single player loading screen, not suited for the multiplayer ecosystem of content creators, server owners, and mission editors/modders. All deserve some credit for what the player experiences after the loading screen.

Ahh well.

Здравствуй, товарищ Сильвер.  :)

The aforementioned files were changed to reflect your wishes (see the above links).

Mission undersign was modified to read as follows:

Rarek & Quiksilver, with aid from Ahoy World & allFPS

And from me personally—thanks to everyone involved, for your awesome work on the mission!