Ferg & Dave battle at Macau

fergie

Here's a little video of me and Dave in a 5 lap shootout around Macau in GT2 series Corvette C6Rs on Race 07. Myself and Dave put up a good fight for 3 laps until a mistake from Dave guarantees me victory. Sorry if the editing is a bit shabby, it looked better in my head! Also: Dave isn't talking to himself, I just don't record my own voice because I hate it.

For anyone unfamiliar with track, it's a street circuit located in Macau (Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China). The GP is famous as being the only annual event to host races for both cars and motorcycles (WTCC, F3, Super Bikes). Macau is a deadly cocktail of hairpins, crests, dips, fast corners and straights contained between narrow barriers with only a few run off locations.

F1 legends such as Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher & David Coulthard have won the prestigious GP driving Formula 3 cars.

The track has a reputation for it's ability to completely destroy cars, bikes and their pilots, 2012 saw two pilots loose their lives to the unforgiving armco barriers that line the circuit (1 WTCC & 1 SBK). Both accidents are available on YouTube if you're into that sort of thing, the motorcycle incident is pretty traumatising though.

This circuit is extremely difficult to drive with a full 24 car grid in Race 07.