New guy with new guy questions

Hello folks,

I am new to this community but have been a member of the 69th Infantry Division for 4 years. We used to run an invade and annex server and after leadership/server changes we went another route a couple years ago.

Now we are coming back to the world of I&A and we are VERY happy with the work you folks have done. I am new to this whole world of mission editing and have a couple noob questions. I tried to sift through old posts for an answer but did not find anything. 

Per the request of some of my colleagues in the 69th, I changed the loadout of some of the starting vehicles and such, the issue is that when that vehicle is destroyed it respawns with the default loadout. Is there a simple line of code I can add to the vehicle/aircraft I edit to make it respawn with the custom loadout?

I am not sure how clear that is, I'll give an example:

I edited the starting base to have a Blackfoot with a different pylon setup. When the chopper is destroyed and respawns, it has the default pylon setup. I would obviously prefer it to have the custom loadout. Please advise how I can set it to respawn with the custom loadout.

My other question is regarding the FOBs in I&A 3. At mission start, they do not appear on the map at all. Not even as inactivated. Is this an error due to a missing script on my end, or do we simply need to gain control of more of the map?

Thanks for your time!

I edited the starting base to have a Blackfoot with a different pylon setup. When the chopper is destroyed and respawns, it has the default pylon setup. I would obviously prefer it to have the custom loadout. Please advise how I can set it to respawn with the custom loadout.

Go to

\Functions\Vehicle\fn_vsetup02.sqf and in the switch add a case for the blackfoot.  I suggest going to the virtual garage, configuring the loadout you want and hitting the export button, it gives you code you can then just copy paste into your new case.

6 hours ago, Rob69thID said:

My other question is regarding the FOBs in I&A 3. At mission start, they do not appear on the map at all. Not even as inactivated. Is this an error due to a missing script on my end, or do we simply need to gain control of more of the map?

That's by design.  If you want to activate them from mission start add this to the end of initserver:

{
	controlledZones pushBack _x;
	[_x] call AW_fnc_BaseManager;
} forEach ["AAC_Airfield", "Stadium", "Molos_Airfield", "Terminal"]:

(untested), remove the names in the foreach for the bases you don't want spawned.

Thanks for the info, bud. Unfortunately I am not seeing where I can configure the loadout in virtual arsenal/garage...

I can change camo and components but none are actually listed. Am I dumb or blind? Or both lol

Okay so I added the text you provided to the bottom of the initserver file, and when the map loads I am not seeing any FOBs. My concern is that perhaps there is something missing that makes the FOBs not able to be triggered properly. Like I said, I'm new to this stuff so I could be mistaken. 

Could you or somebody else provide some additional information as to what files/folders are important to the use of the FOBs? I did see this error in Eden during a local MP mission test: 

d66fce746a30238dc0030621cabcafa2.png

I don't know if that provides insight into a potential issue. 

Thanks for the assistance. 

Try this code:

[] spawn {
    waitUntil {sleep 1; !isNil "controlledZones"};

{
        controlledZones pushBack _x;
        [_x] call AW_fnc_BaseManager;
    } forEach ["AAC_Airfield", "Stadium", "Molos_Airfield", "Terminal"];
};

This one is tested and works.

As for files involved in the FOBs:

defines/MainOAs.hpp

functions/base/fn_basemanager.sqf

functions/base/fn_baseTeleport.sqf

functions/vehicle/fn_vBasemonitor.sqf

missions/main/Main_Machine.sqf

mission.sqm

And no, that error is not relevant, it's about how somewhere a findsafepos has been passed a wrong set of arguments but it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for the information, sir. I just want to make sure the mission runs properly.

So, I removed the old code, added the new, and then I ran the mission in a LAN multiplayer game. I still didn't have FOBs marked on the map, even a couple minutes after loading. I will update this post after I have tested the map on our actual server but for now I still believe I am missing something. 

Would it be useful to upload any files for troubleshooting? 

Edit: Not seeing FOBs on our server either, and that is with the code added at the end of initserver.

edit2.0: We got FOB Martin! Had to get to 8% completion. Our objective was to make sure they were working at all, I don't need them available at start, that was just a way to check that I didn't break them...

Thanks for your assistance, sir.