Is there any way you improved your FPS in this server?

What is your average FPS  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Average FPS during the day

2. 2. Average FPS during the night

My biggest problem with this server is FPS. I really enjoy playing on this server but most of the times during the day, on average, i get about 25-35 FPSand during the night its even worse, climbing down from 10-20 FPS. And im mostly just a pilot so its even worse for me than people on the ground.

I would really like to know your FPS on average and if you improved it somehow, and if so, how? Yes, I know that this game is badly optimised but in this specific server i usually get less FPS than other ones, and I am not blaming the server for this entirely.

My system has a Intel i5 6600K CPU overclocked to 4.5GHz and a AMD RX 480 overclocked to 1390MHz and memory overclocked to 2150MHz. I usually get good FPS in games with my GPU utilization in games at a steady 100%, unlike on this game i get around 30% GPU utilization.

Again, I am not blaming the server for this, as I would only like to know your performance on this server and if you found any way to improve it somehow. Thanks for reading.

Hi Strelok,

A big consideration is your graphics settings. Some people assume that they can increase performance by reducing the texture detail and the like, but what ends up happening in this case is the CPU is loaded with that responsibility as it's offloaded from the GPU.  I found that by going to Ultra level in detail, I actually improved my FPS because it freed up the CPU to run more of the mechanics of the game.  As well, if you turn off FSAA, or at least experiment with different settings, you'll see a dramatic improvement in FPS, obviously at the expense of a sexier image.

View distance is also a huge factor in performance, but as a pilot you probably want as large a view distance as you can comfortably get away with.

On 22/10/2017 at 3:10 PM, Ryko said:

Hi Strelok,

A big consideration is your graphics settings. Some people assume that they can increase performance by reducing the texture detail and the like, but what ends up happening in this case is the CPU is loaded with that responsibility as it's offloaded from the GPU.  I found that by going to Ultra level in detail, I actually improved my FPS because it freed up the CPU to run more of the mechanics of the game.  As well, if you turn off FSAA, or at least experiment with different settings, you'll see a dramatic improvement in FPS, obviously at the expense of a sexier image.

View distance is also a huge factor in performance, but as a pilot you probably want as large a view distance as you can comfortably get away with.

Thanks for the reply, i changed all of my settings to ultra and the FPS is the same but now I know that the settings have nothing to do with FPS in arma 3.