XenosInq

XenosInq

In-game name when banned: XenosInq

Why do you think you were banned? Stream Sniping accusation

Why (in your personal opinion) should your ban be lifted? I made the comment the mission would have Infantry. I have played on EU4 with Leutin doing zues several times and would do nothing to compromise the mission or the enjoyment of the game for others. I made a comment, that was all it was intended to be, a jest of a zues mission involving infantry. That is all the comment was, just the mission would have infantry, no details beyond foot soldiers.

Which administrator banned you (if known): 

When were you banned: 6/24/2016

So at the time you were not on the server playing just watching Luetins stream and hanging out with players who were playing, and giving them info, however little or vaguely of what was being placed down? This after all players were sternly warned that any stream sniping would be harshly dealt with.

There had been mention of stream sniping in the group chat with someone telling someone not to do it. 

Why were you even in the ts server in one of the game groups and not in the spectators room? 

I know I'm not supposed to speak in these, but as his CO I need to list out what exactly happened here in terms of the TS chat.

20 minutes prior to this ban, I gathered the team in my teamspeak in a circle on the server and laid down some ground rules. The last one and the one I stressed the most was no stream sniping, not even jokes. I was dead serious about it. You (XenosInq) were in the TS channel at the time waiting for a slot to open on the server, but I know you heard me when I brought up the rules when you're in Badger-1. Hell, you've served with me before so you should know I don't tolerate even joking about that crap.

10 minutes later you decided to start making jokes about stream sniping, to which I immediately told you to shut up, but you said "Guys, the mission is going to be on Tanoa...and also...there's going to be enemy infantry..." I told you multiple times to shut your mouth, in which you did say you were joking, even though prior I had told everyone that eve joking about it would not be tolerated.

5 minutes later, people in my squad started making jokes in the freaking side chat about stream sniping, and thus the last 5 minutes leading up to the ban ensued with the admins cracking down on the source. If I had not spoken up about who was causing the issue, innocent people would have been banned that night. Regardless of who got banned, You made my entire team look very bad that night, and I would not be surprised if the callsign Badger-1 is under watch for stream sniping now, which is something I would now have to now reassure everyone that we don't.

XenosInq, you're a great player and medic, but honestly with the damage that was done, I can't help you.

To the admins: sorry if I spoke out of place here, I just wanted to set things completely straight about what happened in that TS channel that night.

In the absence of our community referee (PERO) I will be reviewing this appeal.

What I concluded out of the above posts is that even though being told not to streamsnipe numerous times over different channels, you still proceeded to do so and thus have no respect for morals and values of AhoyWorld together with it's rules.
Next to that; you haven't answered to either Zissou or Liru forming up counter-arguments to your 'Why should I be upbanned?'-argument, leading me to believe you don't really want to get unbanned and that the community doesn't mean much to you either.

Ban Appeal DENIED.

@Liru the Lcpl. thanks you for the post, though - this counts for everyone - instead of posting in the thread we would rather you next time message the 'Community Referee' or any of the admins. Thanks or understanding.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts