Can you disguise yourself as the enemy?

Denis P

This is just an idea I had. I've noticed that you are able to use the virtual ammobox to gear up so that you'll look exactly like a CSAT/AAF soldier. So it got me thinking, is it possible to infiltrate the enemy by dressing up like that, granted you stay away from any friendlies wearing friendly uniforms and hold your fire, or do the ai's automatically detect hostiles wether you're wearing the same uniforms as them or not?

Thanks in advance.

They do recognize you as an enemy even if you are wearing opfor clother( which you cant pick up ingame cause its against the geneva conventions in IRL). But you can probably script it with some variable like setCaptive.

Tho that in mind if you shoot one enemy AI you are automatically hostile again if i remember correctly.

Hope this helps

Also moved to a more fitting sub-forum =)

Edited by kennychr
Moved

I read about the International humanitarian law online (Wikipedia FTW), and I found out that while it's legal to wear enemy uniforms, it's not legal to fight while wearing them. Doesn't this mean that in the technical sense, you can enter and leave an enemy base, as long as you don't directly confront any troops?

I read about the International humanitarian law online (Wikipedia FTW), and I found out that while it's legal to wear enemy uniforms, it's not legal to fight while wearing them. Doesn't this mean that in the technical sense, you can enter and leave an enemy base, as long as you don't directly confront any troops?

yeah but then you would be not considered a soldier therefore not protected by Geneva et al. most likely immediately shot upon capture for espionage or sedition and it would be legal in a time of war.