Repair Trucks only work once?

tombguy5

I was playing I&A on the US Server with the latest I&A mission build.

I was the transport pilot and as I was picking up the first round of troopers for the AO, I saw the infamous -Character as passenger but outside of helicopter in mid air going through the blades and breaking it- Which did occur and well, needless to say, I was able to fix it with the first repair from a HEMMT Repair Support truck. Afterwards, the aircraft was deemed air worthy again; however, as the soldiers started to embark, the same situation occurrs as when I was starting the rotors, then the helicopter was deemed oncemore, broken.

So I decide to get out, get the HEMMT again and go onward to repair it, but there would be no option to do so nor does it do it automatically. I was basically stuck at the boarding area with a broken helicopter and no means to repair it. I've asked people to switch to Repair Spec but as usual, no one obliges. I've tried many things with the HEMMT and Bobcat and any repair vehicles I can obtain, all to no avail. (and I am ashamed to say, but I had to resort to smashing the helicopter to smithereens just to be able to get some progress; I even warned the troops at base to get away, so they were warned and I hate to say, I had to resort to this unpleasant action.)

So my question is, is this a feature of I&A or is it a glitch with the core ArmA 3 game?

If feature, perhaps change it to 3 repairs before a cooldown.

If a core ArmA 3 game... well. fudge.

That is all I have to say,

- R. Berezon

To the best of our knowledge, the "copilot slot" bug is not specific to the I&A map, it is a general de-sync problem in the core architecture of the Arma 3 server program. They did not initially program Arma 3 to stream out as much custom coding and data (the amount found in I&A) to such a high number of players at one time. 

To the best of our knowledge, the "copilot slot" bug is not specific to the I&A map, it is a general de-sync problem in the core architecture of the Arma 3 server program. They did not initially program Arma 3 to stream out as much custom coding and data (the amount found in I&A) to such a high number of players at one time. 

And what about the Repair trucks? Only repair once per vehicle and its useless unless destroyed, that was where I was getting to.

Yeah there seems to be various issues with the latest build. For example:

The Revive script does not seem to work for medics on it, 60 players seems a bit overkill IMO as it seems to really kill framerates across the board. I was however not aware of the infamous player outside the chopper bug 0_0 (that one always annoyed me lol)

I think in terms of EU servers, another could possibly be needed. If anyone is willing to find me a decent price for one, I wouldn't mind buying or renting one out-right for AW players to use. I am very poor at this moment in time but I do have income on it's way soon. I definitely wouldn't mind getting another EU server for AW as I think we desperately need another EU located server as US servers just absolutely kill my framerate once they get full-up most of the time. (that goes for any version of ArmA, DayZ included) 

That said, if anyone wants to go halfsies on one or whatever, I wouldn't mind that also. Just an idea.

In terms of the latest build; I really think the staff should consider reverting to a more stable version for the time being until such a time as the bugs with the new one can be worked out.

Just some creative input/constructive criticism for the staff/devs to bear in mind :)

Sincerely,

MrSixFour

most of the "bugs" have been addressed with the update to the btc revive script. well all of the ones I am aware of are fixed to my knowledge anyways. Sometimes we have to run a mission that we have updated to find out what problems we have missed locally. hence you will be playing a few hours with a mission that needs some tweaking still. Hence you will get the versions with a,b,c etc... after it.

without you guys to help test we will never know what problems we need to resolve. we appreciate the feedback very much. Thanks for reporting it.