Building a Car from Start to Finish - Automation

kamaradski

Cool new game that includes:

- Engine Builder

- Platform designer (Chassis & Body etc)

Aim of the game:

Design, build and sell your cars on a competitive market.

Automation is a car company tycoon game in which you design and build cars from scratch.

It is you who designs everything from the very core that is the engine, over the chassis, to the suspension and the car's looks.

Several games have tried this before... but were able to merely scratch the surface.

Go ahead, build your dream-car company, or simply aim to dominate the world markets with your superior design skills!

Official youtube channel with plenty more vids to watch :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/AutomationGame?feature=watch

Official website:

http://automationgame.com

ok,... need to get my hand on this, would love to design some awesome engines, send us videos of what you managed to build :)

That is an interesting idea for the game but I wish it was implemented into the racing game with a lot of customisations.

I would buy it with a dout :D

In the time where the term Beta-tester was hardly known (and still hired individually by the companies) i was Beta-tester for a game exactly like that. Unfortunatly it never really took off. This might be something to do with the fact online gaming was still in it's childshoes, and the game was it's time far advanced...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_City_Online

YOU HAVE BEEN BEATEN!

Still using just 1970's tech I have built a 5.4L DOHC inline 4 with 521Nm of Torque (In the free demo)

post-28-0-88058800-1375207842_thumb.png

EDIT:

I LOVE THIS GAME

Decided I wanted to try and replicate a real engine, since the demo only let's me use i4 engines I chose to build the BMW S14B25 EVO3 engine which is the high performance 2467cc Inline 4 used in the 1989-1990 BMW E30 M3 sports car and touring cars.

Real Spec:

BMW S14B25 EVO3 DOHC MFI I4

• Displacement: 2467cc
  • Power: 235hp @ 7000rpm
  • Torque: 240Nm @ 4750rpm
  • Year: 1989-1990

My Attempt:

DOHC MFI 20V I4

• Displacement: 2467cc
  • Power: 235hp @ 7000rpm
  • Torque: 254Nm @ 5400rpm
  • Year: 1990

So it's not perfect yet as I have way too much torque in the wrong area of the rev range, I'm also having trouble with valve float on my engine, but I'm getting there, when I get it perfect I'm going to race tune it in the year 2013 and see how powerful I can make it! Anyone reckon they can do a better job than me with this engine?

post-28-0-72145000-1375269073_thumb.png